I was thinking about getting a bass, but i really dont know what to get

can someone recommend something cheap but thats also decent quality??
DBZ Barchetta Eminent FR
DBZ Bolero ST
DBZ Imperial FM
DBZ Venom Matte Black
Dean '79 V
Dean '79 ML
Fender Princeton Chorus
Behringer V-Tone 2/12
Asterope Cables
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
Digitech Hardware Metal Distortion
One of my friends bought a Peavey bass for his first, still uses it when playing in his band, and it didn't cost that much. Don't know the exact model, but you should look into them.
Fender US Standard Strat '07
Epiphone Les Paul '94
Marshall MG100FX
Dunlop Cry Baby
Boss ME-70
Boss TU-2
You really can't go wrong with a Fender Precision bass. I've got two and I love them.
...but as for price... well, I'm not sure what your definition of "cheap" is. I think the new ones are $550 or something like that.

Also, I know Ibanez puts out some pretty cheap starter packs. My friend bought one for $300 and it came with a bass, a little amp, a strap, and a tuner. The bass didn't sound too bad, either... although the action on it was kinda low. You might have to get the action adjusted to your preference.

Anyway, those are just a couple ideas. Hope this helps, bro!
How cheap is cheap for you? cheap for a homeless guy =/= cheap for someone whose parents give them a $10 million trust fund
-
-
--
---
-----
--------
-------------
Yay fibonacci!
I just recently started learning bass and i just went to a pawn shop and found a used squier jazz bass. Its not exactally top of the line or anything but it sounds decent for the price i paid and something similar would let you at least see if trying to learn bass is your thing or not.

They also have starter kits from squier and a few other brands like ibanez that include anything youd need as well.
I heard there's a FAQ, and that you read the faq to avoid having these bloody threads eigth times a day.
Last edited by Canadian_basser at Jun 27, 2009,
Quote by Canadian_basser
I heard there's a FAQ, and that you read the faq to avoid having these bloody threads eigth times a day.

what mean these words you speak?
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by the humanity
what mean these words you speak?

well it's true :P

A searchbar/read the stickied faq would take less time than yet ANOTHER of these threads.

edit:
Quote by thegiaco2112
check the faq

he just said it in a less annoyed way ^^
Last edited by Canadian_basser at Jun 27, 2009,
I got a spuire p-bass and fender rumble 15 amp [+ a cord, headphones, tuner, and starter dvd(which was terrible)] in a kit for $300. Its a really good starter kit.
Quote by phlip999
Armstrong to moon bass.
Sorry.

Quote by 0RI0N
I just glanced and thought his name was tampon.