Poll: Which is best for me?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which is best for me?
Guitar (Gibson SG '61 Reissue)
0 0%
Amp (Marshall JVM 410 or JCM2000)
16 100%
Voters: 16.
Making this poll both here, and in the E. Guitar forum, to see what is most advised (And see if there is any bias between forums =P ).
---
Current gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Roland Cube 15X
RP-250 Multifx pedal
---
I usually use the Cube on clean, with the pedal for my various tones. It actually works quite nicely, and sounds pretty good, since I can download/create custom tones at will. That said, the amp is kinda crummy otherwise, and the guitar has little upper-fret access (I have big hands, but even I struggle to reach 20-22)

My updated guitar of choice would be the Gibson SG '61 Reissue (Possibly editing on a Bigsby or Maestro trem system). My amp of choice is probably a used Marshall JVM 410, or a JCM2000
TS please answer these first

Why do you want to go Marshall?
why do you want to go gibson??
Budget on both??
Genres??
gig or home use?
New or used?
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Dude ur in gg+a, of course everyone is going to say amp
Quote by wolvenrick
I think black doom death metal is just plain stupid. go flame on me but i can't hear nothing but shit on those songs with everything in drop A or below. also it could've been without lyrics as you'd never hear them anyway.
Whats your budget? You might be able to get a good guitar and a good amp if you go used/let us direct you to some other, cheaper, yet still good options other then the spendy Marshalls.
Quote by chrisg7
Dude ur in gg+a, of course everyone is going to say amp

people will probably say amp in the electric guitar section as well.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Quote by MadAudioMan
Whats your budget? You might be able to get a good guitar and a good amp if you go used/let us direct you to some other, cheaper, yet still good options other then the spendy Marshalls.

My budget is about 1500$. The choices are based on extensive testing I've been doing over the last 2 and a half months. Gibson has nothing to do with my opinion, so much as the SG Shape does, and the general SG is what I like, not specifically Gibson's. The '61 I like was near perfect, and outplayed all the others.

I liked the tone on those two amps the most =P

It'd all be used anyways, am already buying either one used.
OK dude the epi is ok for now but the amp is awful get a good tube amp trust me i made this mistake and spent £1000 on a fender strat. Just get teh amp dude. Ohh and im not saying the fender is a crap guitar its amazing im just now stuck with a lump of crap (MG)
Wdaubo
Stuff:
Gibson Darkfire, JVM410H+1960A
Mg100DFX MG30FX MGs!(i know they are crap)
Fender american standard strat
Ephiphone les paul studio
Ovation applause Acoustic
Hopefully a warmoth build in the near future!
Well, how about you look into the following amps/heads.

<b>Laney AOR 50w.
Peavey Ultra+
Peavey Classic 50.
Sovtek MIG50.</b>
Ceriatone Marshall Clones.
Splawn Quickrod.

The bolded ones you could probably get for less then 500$, some for 350$ or so like the AOR and MIG50.
And theres more companies that make various amps voiced like Marshalls.
Quote by Phantom123
My budget is about 1500$. The choices are based on extensive testing I've been doing over the last 2 and a half months. Gibson has nothing to do with my opinion, so much as the SG Shape does, and the general SG is what I like, not specifically Gibson's. The '61 I like was near perfect, and outplayed all the others.

I liked the tone on those two amps the most =P

It'd all be used anyways, am already buying either one used.

can you plese answer my questions so we could have more in for for our suggestion.
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me