Has anyone had any experience with the Seymour Duncan JB Jr. in the neck or middle position.

On a side note: Hows the quality of the Guitar Fetish pickguards?
My Gear

Engl Fireball 100
Carvin Bolt
Fender Telecaster
Jackson Dinky
Fender Blues jr.
1. No.

2. They're good for their price, but dont compare to high quality pickups from places like seymour duncan, emg, dimarzio, or boutique pickups. You get what u pay for.
The GFS pickguards are so-so.
However, if you buy the pickups from GFS they'll get the job done fine ;]
Quote by letsgocoyote
No I'm not Jesus. I would aspire to be though. I think under circumstances he would let you pay less if you needed to.
The hotness of the pickup is one of the reasons why I want to use it. Because I'm gonna be matching it with a Super Distortion.
My Gear

Engl Fireball 100
Carvin Bolt
Fender Telecaster
Jackson Dinky
Fender Blues jr.
For my LP, I have a JB in the neck and a Distortion in the bridge. Balance each other perfectly, a little brighter than most neck pickups, but that's what I was going for (and that's why there are things call "tone knobs").

Good combination IMHO
Quote by kcdakrt
DLrocket89 makes my ug experience better!

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

Kit Amp Building Tutorial
Quote by Jon !_!
The hotness of the pickup is one of the reasons why I want to use it. Because I'm gonna be matching it with a Super Distortion.

...You don't need to. Pickups are already "hotter" in the neck position because of the fact that the strings will ring more freely than in the bridge position.

Quote by DLrocket89
Good combination IMHO

Sounds terrible, IMO.

The Super Distortion is mostly good at 80's metal and rock kind of stuff, IMO and the JB is NOT a neck pickup.
Last edited by forsaknazrael at Jun 28, 2009,
Putting a JB in the neck makes for a very boomy and tubby sounding pickup. Clean it can be good for jazz but distorted it's not good for much of anything.

The quality of GFS pickups is similar to the quality of the nicer epiphone pickups. They are good if you are on a tight budget and want to go from vintage output to high output or vice verse, but bad if you are looking for a upgrade in tonal quality.
Not taking any online orders.
*shrugs* learn how to use the volume and tone knobs on your guitar, along with the tone on the amp, it's fine in the neck. Most people who say "this pickup sucks here" when it's a decent pickup walk up to their guitar, put all the knobs on 10, and start playing.

Again, just my opinion.
Quote by kcdakrt
DLrocket89 makes my ug experience better!

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

Kit Amp Building Tutorial
Quote by DLrocket89
*shrugs* learn how to use the volume and tone knobs on your guitar, along with the tone on the amp, it's fine in the neck. Most people who say "this pickup sucks here" when it's a decent pickup walk up to their guitar, put all the knobs on 10, and start playing.

Again, just my opinion.

bridge pickups do not belong in the neck as I'm sure everyone here will agree.

when I test out a guitar I always have the vol tone cranked for good reason. your sound changes when you start to turn them down. the tone knob should be open cause thats like no eq. the vol knob should be up cause thats where it has the least effect on your tone. vol knob affects tone, its a fact. of course your going to say turn it down for less distortion but its not a problem if the amp has enough headroom.
EAT YOUR GUITAR GEAR BLOG
Quote by BigDC
how difficult is it to build your own guitar?
Quote by Gibshall
It's hard, annoying, and makes you want to punch a baby.
*shrugs* learn how to use the volume and tone knobs on your guitar, along with the tone on the amp, it's fine in the neck. Most people who say "this pickup sucks here" when it's a decent pickup walk up to their guitar, put all the knobs on 10, and start playing. Again, just my opinion.

yeah. I tinker with the tone knobs to get the right sound.

also I am kind of confused. do you guys think I'm putting the normal JB in, or the JB Jr.? Because I'm using the JB.Jr.
My Gear

Engl Fireball 100
Carvin Bolt
Fender Telecaster
Jackson Dinky
Fender Blues jr.
Quote by Jon !_!

You dont need to really.
But the Super Distortion is a great pup.
Ive got one in my LP and I love it.
Quote by letsgocoyote
No I'm not Jesus. I would aspire to be though. I think under circumstances he would let you pay less if you needed to.
there are people who design pickups for a career. I usually leave the engineering to them.
EAT YOUR GUITAR GEAR BLOG
Quote by BigDC
how difficult is it to build your own guitar?
Quote by Gibshall
It's hard, annoying, and makes you want to punch a baby.