I have an RGT42 with emg's that i use in the studio. it also has the stock lo TRS II bridge. the tremolo wasn't a problem for me until recently. I had to put the guitar into drop D tuning for a song and ever since I returned the tuning to standard, the damn bridge won't keep tuning or intonation. and thats whether you play it regularly or not. this is a first for me considering that i've been playing axes with double locking trems for over a decade. does this mean that the bridge is just screwed and i need to replace it with a floyd rose (if i can, i don't know if the ibanez cavity is set up with the same measurements that would allow a floyd rose to fit) or is there something simple that I've probably missed eventhough I don't think i have. keep in mind that I have a lot of experience with changing string gauges and intonation adjustments over the years. this issue is really messing with me.
I have your exact guitar, I think. I put a floyd in mine and it fit perfectly. are you sure yours is a lo trs? I thought they discontinued those a long time ago...
Quote by Natrone
I'm a pretty hardcore Christian. I would like to sincerely apologize that you ran into that little fucktard

Quote by mystique facade
dale-banez made a fool of himself..lol

my gear:

oh wait, no one cares
yeah, it is definately the lo trs II. i got it many years ago on clearance when that particular model was being discontinued.
just set it up, or have it set up. should be fine then. in not then your knife edges may be dulling, but it'd be an odd coincidence for that to just happen right after changing tunings..
Quote by POWERMETAL!
just set it up, or have it set up. should be fine then. in not then your knife edges may be dulling, but it'd be an odd coincidence for that to just happen right after changing tunings..

this here.

i doubt your trem crapped out just from changing tunings. you should look into the FR thread here and see how to setup that TRS-II
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
You've been playing them for a decade and you haven't thought to SET the trem and intonation for dropped D in a guitar? Wow...

Also: if the headstock is at a decent angle, get rid of the string retainer bar. It causes so many issues with tuning and when I removed mine, I had no issues getting it tuned (other than the usual "OMG IT'S NOT LEVEL ENOUGH BUT IT'S PERFECTLY IN TUNE GRRR!!!")
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Gotoh Floyd rose. Buy one.
It's a direct swap save for the posts.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by Shinozoku
You've been playing them for a decade and you haven't thought to SET the trem and intonation for dropped D in a guitar? Wow...

Also: if the headstock is at a decent angle, get rid of the string retainer bar. It causes so many issues with tuning and when I removed mine, I had no issues getting it tuned (other than the usual "OMG IT'S NOT LEVEL ENOUGH BUT IT'S PERFECTLY IN TUNE GRRR!!!")

dude, calm down. the intonation difference from E to Drop D is sooooo minor that its impossible to tell. so dont go jumpin all over him. and a trem doesnt care wheather or not its intonated properly! its gonna be the same eaither way.

and to TS: im not to sure but it could be your knife edges. but as was said before, haveing them go bad right when you change tunings is a bit weird...

just try to set it up. see if that helps.
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B