Quote by GuitarDTO
Its $15 at my local luthier.

that sounds like a good price. Some places will jib u.
free, just do it yourself. not that hard of a thing and there's a really great guide at the top of the electric guitar section
Quote by azn_guitarist25
free, just do it yourself. not that hard of a thing and there's a really great guide at the top of the electric guitar section

+1
Here at a well respected Guitar Tech's shop it's about $60 - 70 CAD for a complete set up!

Or you could buy Dane Erlewine's book for about $24 USD and learn to do it yourself. I recommend the book vs just getting instructions as it teaches you the why as well as the how!
Moving on.....
I pay about £5 really from my tech, and he is awesome at it
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Custom Fender Highway Tele Daphne Blue
Parker Nitefly M
Squier Classic Vibes Strat W/BKPs
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
A guitar shop will charge you about 50 USD and make you wait a week. A luthier will do it for less and more quickly. Or you could do it yourself. BUT MAKE SURE YOU KNOW WTF YOU'RE DOING SO YOU DON'T BREAK YOUR GUITAR!!!!

And my number 1 rule is: IF YOU AREN'T 100% CERTAIN YOU CAN DO IT FLAWLESSLY, DON'T RISK IT!!! AND TYPE IN ALL CAPS FOR SOME REASON!!! WITH LOTS OF EXCLAMATION POINTS!!!
This totally depends on who and where you go. I said $15, but that place is a gem that looks like a hole in the road. I took mine in because it was an acoustic setup, and I didnt want to hassle with sanding down the saddle and would rather have someone do it right. They ended up tweaking the truss rod while they were at it, sanding down the saddle, and restringing for $15. With an electric guitar, I agree that you should do it yourself but if you'd really rather not then find a good mom and pop style guitar shop....
It cost me about $15 from my shop, but he said he usually charges around $50. I guess I got a discount.
Quote by SecretAgentS
By basic I mean action and intonation fixed.

Every guitarist should know how to do their own basic setup. If you live in a location where the temperature and humidity changes with the seasons the action and intonation will need to be adjusted a couple of times each year. Adjusting the bridge height, neck relief, and intonation are simple. Just go slow, be patient, and don't force anything. Here are a few guides to get you started.

How to Setup a Solid Body Guitar

Basic Guitar Setup Tips

Setting Up Your Electric Guitar

Laziest Bassist Alive
Keep your gig. I'm sleeping.