Hey, I was wondering what would be a good distortion pedal for extreme types of metal? As of now, I have a Roland Cube 30x, Esp Eclipse 1000 FR, and i'm also planning on getting an Engl, and an Esp Horizon NT-7 or a Shecter C-7 FR. My budget is a max of $200.
I have a silver dragon that worked great for a year or two (until i got a 100 watt tube amp )
but it's cool and works good, the first stage of distortion is real tube distortion so it's not just uber heavy, but the second stage can give you nasty screaming tones like nobodies buisness
your amp should be more than enouph, seriously.... i got a roland cube and i find that it as more than enouph gain for most metal stuff. and i dont think the pedal would sound good with ur cube since it has already pretty decent distortion on itself.
Quote by usernameguy
Hey, I was wondering what would be a good distortion pedal for extreme types of metal? As of now, I have a Roland Cube 30x, Esp Eclipse 1000 FR, and i'm also planning on getting an Engl, and an Esp Horizon NT-7 or a Shecter C-7 FR. My budget is a max of $200.

Isn't this question asked about 50 times a day? So your plan is to put this extreme metal pedal in front of an ENGL ..... to do what? Blow up an embassy?
Quote by BobDetroit
Isn't this question asked about 50 times a day? So your plan is to put this extreme metal pedal in front of an ENGL ..... to do what? Blow up an embassy?

+1
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

Quote by nightraven
wait until you've got the amp and then decide whether you still need a distortion pedal.

True. Plus, Engl are high-gain amps, so you don't even need a distortion stomp box to get a heavy tones out of them.
Quote by BobDetroit

+1, you won't need a distortion pedal with an engl.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Suicidechapel
Boss metal core is the great man

-1 Dis-regard this whole comment unless you want bee-hives for your tone.