I use a Samic Concord guitar through a Peavey VK100.
I use a TS9 too.

I'm new to tube amps, and I have never used a noise suppressor.
I have "noise" from my guitar, and my head; do I need a noise suppressor after my TS9, AND in the effects loop to "suppress" it?

Also, which suppressor(s) should I get?
I play melodic hardcore/metalcore (similar to The Ghost Inside, Parkway Drive, My Children My Bride) and I like a lot of treble and about 3/4 gain.
I don't change my settings a lot during songs, if it matters...

I would really appreciate a reply!
Thanks!
the decimator's pretty good.

depends on how much noise you're getting, and from where. i get a bit of noise from both the front of my amp, and the amp, and i only use one decimator... it kills enough for me (but not all of it). Just depends on what you want, how much spare cash you have, etc. etc.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
If there is a send/return, and an input/output... Can I put it in the effects loop, and the input?
Sorry if I'm annoying you lol... I would just like to know before I buy one.
If you want to get one that does both, I'm pretty sure the decimator G string is a two channel noise supressor. Pricey though, so maybe not in your ball park. Certainly not in mine
you could try this out if you're strapped for cash,

i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
You could try this with an ns-2:
EDIT: See above post, beat me to it
Last edited by Meatball200 at Jun 26, 2009,
Thanks a lot guys!
I'm pretty sure I'm just gonna go with the Boss.
Especially if I might need two!
Wait, why is that picture set up like that.

The Input/output and the send/return cable setup does not look right. From what i see, is the guitar is being sent directly to the FX return and the fx send is being sent to the amp input. It doesnt make sense.

Shouldnt it be

Input - Guitar
Output - to front fo amp

and the send/return to the corresponding plug
I think it is because even if your guitar is unplugged/turned down, it will still stop the noise from the amp. It took me a second to understand too.
Quote by MikeBracci
Why is that?

Less noise and less tone suckage.. Boss MIJ models are a lot better in general.

Nothing worse then getting a noise suppressor that actually adds more noise to the mix..
Quote by MikeBracci
I think it is because even if your guitar is unplugged/turned down, it will still stop the noise from the amp. It took me a second to understand too.

But it looks like your signal is going straight to the power amp and the pre amp is being sent back to the front of the amp