Hey pit, Ive recently finished college here in the UK, 2 year course BTEC National Diploma in Music Tech and now desperately want a job in the music industry. Just wondering if anyone here knows of any good sites or companies that offer work experience or even full time jobs to recently graduated students. Im not bothered what role in the industry to take on atm whether it be studio engineering or record producing, I just need a job! Any help would be appreciated...
Quote by guitarhero123
Hey pit, Ive recently finished college here in the UK, 2 year course BTEC National Diploma in Music Tech and now desperately want a job in the music industry. Just wondering if anyone here knows of any good sites or companies that offer work experience or even full time jobs to recently graduated students. Im not bothered what role in the industry to take on atm whether it be studio engineering or record producing, I just need a job! Any help would be appreciated...

Having a degree in music is as useless as one in philosophy.

Seriously, what the hell did you think you were going to do after you finished college?
Last edited by Twisted Magnum at Jun 26, 2009,
Quote by Twisted Magnum

Seriously, what the hell did you think you were going to do after you finished college?

Lol he doesn't have a degree, he has a BTEC ND.
I disagree aswell, not all Music Tech courses purely involve recording, there are some veyr valuable trade skills that can be learnt and that are often required for certain types of employment.

On topic, your best bet would be to try and do some volountary work in a local studio, keep doing it and after a while ask for a job, if they say no, you've got some valuable experience under your belt and you can try elsewhere.
Quote by Twisted Magnum

unfortunately +1
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS