if i put a bigsby tremolo on an ibanez fixed bridge how much would it affect it's sustain and ability to stay in tune?
thanks, Jay
well. you would need to shim your neck like a mofo to accommodate the TOM bridge for the bigsby, also remember a bigsby will NOT do things like your regular floyd will. it is ONLY a slight vibrato, it wont do divebombs and such without major problems.

conclusion- buy a new guitar, unless that slight vibrato is really all you want, then it might be worth it i suppose.

edit- if all you're wanting is that slight vibrato, i can find buttloads more info for you and some nice alternatives that are still bigsbys but a bit easier to install.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Last edited by conor1148 at Jun 26, 2009,
thanks. i don't really care for floyds, but i didn't wanna put a strat style trem on either. what other alternatives are out there?
hmm.. the stetsbar thing maybe?
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

Quote by mustangjay
if i put a bigsby tremolo on an ibanez fixed bridge how much would it affect it's sustain and ability to stay in tune?
thanks, Jay
WHICH Ibanez?

Some already have a TOM style bridge.
Adding a Bigsby or other vibrato to one of those would be quite simple.

As mentioned, there are other alternatives.

Using the same bridge, sustain wouldn't be affected all that much.
But tuning stability could be.
You might need replace your nut with a GraphTech and use locking tuners.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
ibanez hardtail, or fixed bridge or whatever they call it. it's an rg series. like an rg 321mh
have fun my friend,

http://stetsbar.com/hard.tail.html

i think it's $230, a steal for a high quality vibrato without having to route.
Official Aspie member

Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.