Im starting college in a jazz music program and I'll be performing infront of crowds..Im also in a metalcore band, and we're starting to gig regularly. Right now I've only got a cube 30 so I figured it's time to move up to maybe a stack..Im kindof a n0ob with amps so yeah any ideas that would be good for me and the 2 contrasting styles?
i would say vox ac30, really great cleans, i've played both the ac30 and the ac15(which i own) i love them both, and i play things like funk, blues, jazz, and reggae. the combo of the ac and your prs would be great.
Quote by illuminatiano
do not go on guitar forums

there are drugs there

( and ololol there are )
I personally recommend Line 6 if you need good tone but don't want to deal with switching an amp. The Line 6 amps are modeling amps, and they use computer electronics to make every tone imaginable. Sure, they might not be tube driven, but they are good for the price and sound just fine with a nice guitar. I've used a Line 6 for quite a while and have never been disappointed, besides the fact that sometimes they can be a bit finicky to set up and work with.

If you really want a stack, Line 6 does make stacks, for example: the Line 6 HD150. I've used that before, and it's quite powerful. But my smaller 75 watt combo amp isn't a pushover either.

Good luck finding an amp.
Budget?

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
I would say Fender Hot Rod Deluxe on clean channel for jazz, and Boss Metal Core or EHX Big Muff Pi in front of it for the METAL. Rock on, man.
Doomsday Arsenal - alternative/progressive
Fender '08 Am Std Strat w/ CS69s > MXR Classic 108 Fuzz > JH-1B Wah > MXR Dyna Comp > EHX Big Muff Pi > Maxon OD9 > MXR Phase 90 > Ibanez CS9 > MXR Carbon Copy > Boss TU-2 > Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Quote by gnaraaron
i would say vox ac30, really great cleans, i've played both the ac30 and the ac15(which i own) i love them both, and i play things like funk, blues, jazz, and reggae. the combo of the ac and your prs would be great.

The Vox AC30 would be a good choice, but if you're on a budget, then just get a Peavey Classic 30 and an Overdrive Pedal (TS9, OCD).

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
Quote by gregs1020
Budget?
Is used gear ok?
Nearest major metropolis?

This. So far all the suggestions except the Mesa haven't been very good.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
get a mesa F or DC series. good versatile amps that have good cleans and can do the brutal ****.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Ampeg VH140c
Peavey XXX
Peavey Ultra Plus
Line 6 Flextone III
Line 6 Vetta II
Carvin X100B
Carvin V3
Carvin Legacy
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
Ampeg VH140c
Peavey XXX
Peavey Ultra Plus
Line 6 Flextone III
Line 6 Vetta II
Carvin X100B
Carvin V3
Carvin Legacy

Speaking of Flextones, I have one on my CL for $275. What do I do?
^^There's on mine too for $275!?!?!
Do you live near Lexington?

EDIT: If you do and we're looking at the same ad then I say go for it. That's a great price man.
Pot
Kettle
Black
Quote by Mitchell?
Speaking of Flextones, I have one on my CL for $275. What do I do?

Seeing as how the TS abandoned the thread, and our questions...

Yea, that's a good price. With the footboard?

I wonder if the TS has enough cash for one...
With that budget you could take a look at a Mesa single rectifier…my dual has awesome cleans and it can do metalcore without a pedal
Alright sweet. Are mesas hard to find though? I cant seem to find any in the stores near where I live (Montreal area), and they also arent listed on musician's friend... the mesa boogie site is somewhat confusing too and their arent any prices..
Quote by jc349
The Vox AC30 would be a good choice, but if you're on a budget, then just get a Peavey Classic 30 and an Overdrive Pedal (TS9, OCD).

Classic 30 and an Overdrive pedal is a great choice.
Guitars
Ibanez Prestige RG1570
Schecter Omen 6
ESP LTD Viper 400
Dean Dime From Hell

Amp
Peavey 5150