I've got an Ibanez RG270 and I've upgrade the strings from .09 to .11. It has a Floyd Rose and only three springs, so there isn't enough spring power to keep the bridge from kicking up.

I've looked on ebay and found someone selling a set of three for around 14.00. I've looked at other brands of springs and they are way less. So what is the deal, why so much?

I've checked out Ibanez's website and don't see any listing for springs. Can anyone else recommend another site to purchase springs from?

thanks
just keep the strings brah
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
I had the same problem with my first guitar. I just asked my guitar teacher and he gave me one for free.
Sorryz for me bad engrish.

Quote by OnlyIbanez12
I just cut myself shaving my pubes...
IMO a spring is a spring. Going rate in these parts is $1 per spring. You can try screwing the claw screws in a bit. That may bring the bridge down but you may find you have intonation and string height issues as well. There is nothing better than a properly set up Floyd and nothing worse than an improperly set up Floyd. It doesn't hurt to mess around but take it to a shop if you can't get it right.
Quote by JockVSJock
I've got an Ibanez RG270 and I've upgrade the strings from .09 to .11.

Just to let you know, changing strings wouldn't really be seen as an upgrade.

Quote by JockVSJock
It has a Floyd Rose and only three springs, so there isn't enough spring power to keep the bridge from kicking up.

I used to be able to balance my tremolo with three springs and a set of .10-.52s, that's lighter on the high strings but heavier on the low strings than a standard set of .11s. I'd imagine it's possible to balance .11s with just three springs, as the overall tension on the neck would be comparable. If not, you'll only need one more spring.

However, floating double-locking tremolos perform optimally with lighter strings (which is why I moved back to .09s on my JEM). You may want to reconsider your choice of string guage.
My name is Tom, feel free to use it.
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
just keep the strings brah

BRAH!

But seriously, just tighten the srews in the trem cavity to bring the bridge closer to the body to balence the force that the thicker strings have.
You can buy them from just about any guitar shop, but if you wan them soon order or go to GC and buy a few sets
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
i think i paid like 8$ for my springs, and that was for like a big pack of them i got enough to do 3 guitars
If you need more springs, I have a couple sets lying around that you can have for shipping alone. I don't need them anymore.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Excellent information, thanks everyone. I called around to some local guitar shops and they are going to work with me.
Quote by stangconv
3 springs isnt enough??????? turn your screws in

It isn't always enough.
Quote by stangconv
Yikes I run EB Skinny top heavy bottoms OR EB beefy strings (11-54) and 3 has always been enough.

Just saying.

The lengh of your tremolo cavity is a significant factor.
I have 11 guage and only 3 springs and my FR is setup perfectly
ESP LTD KH 202
Ephiphone AJ 200SCE VS (Acoustic Electric)
Roland Cube 80X
Last edited by Krewz0r at Jun 27, 2009,