Page 1 of 4
Aside from all the posts saying 'I just hung out with my friends!', everyone was/is in some sort of group, if your a gangster chances are you don't hang with goth kids, etc.

So what group were you in/have a tendency to hang around?

I will probably hear this alot in this thread, but all my friends are big on music, so I'm in the music scene (well was, I'm sort of done highschool, I'm going back for 12B, long story and no I didn't fail any classes or anything), I hung around all the other guitar players/drummers/bass players.

Watch this, TS.
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Quote by Dog--
Aside from all the posts saying 'I just hung out with my friends!', everyone was/is in some sort of group, if your a gangster chances are you don't hang with goth kids, etc.

I will probably hear this alot in this thread, but all my friends are big on music, so I'm in the music scene (well was, I'm sort of done highschool, I'm going back for 12B, long story and no I didn't fail any classes or anything), I hung around all the other guitar players/drummers/bass players.

That's the answer for every post.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
last year it was anybody i wanted to hang with. But i guess you can say i was more with the smokers and metalheads. This year, I stayed with the goths and metalheads more.
Quote by SoWrongItsMatt
What kind of tool do you have to be to give yourself a "group"?

would somebody be a "tool" if they labled themselves as one of the "nerds" or "losers" of their school?
i was an "outsider" of sorts. i went to a school full of thugs and rednecks. REAL, country bumpkin, racist, rednecks.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker
Chef Strato-Massacre: Cooking shitstorms since that comment.

Quote by PurpleClawz
Damnit why are you full of so much win
I've only been in one year but I hang out with the jocks. I would hang out with the goths but I can't stand them(posers). At least I can have fun with the jocks.
Quote by Strato-Massacre
would somebody be a "tool" if they labled themselves as one of the "nerds" or "losers" of their school?
i was an "outsider" of sorts. i went to a school full of thugs and rednecks. REAL, country bumpkin, racist, rednecks.

Pretty much, yeah. People are people. I would never call myself part of a group. I would never say there are groups. There are groups of friends, but not different stereotypical groups.
RAZZLEFRAZZLE
MetalHeads and Stoners i guess
If The Sun Refused To Shine
I Would Still Be Loving You
Mountains Crumble To The Sea
There Would Still Be You And Me

My Stuff
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Roland Cube 30X
Washburn Acoustic
Dunlop CryBaby
Quote by SoWrongItsMatt
Pretty much, yeah. People are people. I would never call myself part of a group. I would never say there are groups. There are groups of friends, but not different stereotypical groups.

no. nobody is a tool just because theyre aware of what other people stereotype or classify them as.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Last edited by Strato-Massacre at Jun 26, 2009,
Quote by itchy guitar
That's the answer for every post.

That's my answer to that post.
Wasn't any guitarist in my group. We'd bitch bout ppl than my friends would talk to the people we talk bout n say i said this n that. Then if i saw em they'd quickly get away from em n say their idiots n try defending themselves. We had very different tastes. I liked metal, my mate like death metal, others like rap etc.

I left school, and thankfully i'm not round em.
I was one of those kids that got suspended because I got caught for smoking weed in the bafroom
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!

I'm currently in the summer before Freshman year, but in middle school, my group was the musicians, the punks, and people who hated the preps, the drugees..... all the fun stuff.
I have no friends. Actually I do have like 5 friends, but I don't hang out with them (Afterschool that is).
I hung out with a lot of people really I was like the Mexican Social Chameleon
#25 for top 100 UGer of 2009
UG's 2nd Funniest UGer and 3rd most likely to be a Serial Killer of 2009, 2nd of 2011
Quote by herby190
I'm currently in the summer before Freshman year, but in middle school, my group was the musicians, the punks, and people who hated the preps, the drugees..... all the fun stuff.

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!

Quote by Dog--
That's my answer to that post.

That's my answer to THAT post! So hah!
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
I was in the band geek group.
Thats where all the cool kids are.

Rojam's new and improved band!!!!

Listen a little bit, we DON'T suck!
Quote by mr.shred
i was a floater

pretty much this. also i hung out with a group that had a least 1 /b/ tard since they made me lose the game everyday
Feel free to add me on STEAM: thesystemhasfailed
XBL tag: cbiggs18
i was just an average person i got along wit da ghetto people tho, but rockers and goths were the weirdos in my school there was no real metalheads so i rarely talk to dem people, alot of people knew me as da tattoo artist(i newstew draw alot) or gutarist
╔══╗╔══╦╗╔══╦╗═╬╔╦═╦══╗
║═╬╠╩╗╔╬╣║╔═╣╚╦═╬╣╚╬╗╔╝
║╔╗║║║║║║║╚═╣║║╔╣╠╗║║║║
╚╝╚╩╩╩╝╚╝╚══╩╩╩╝╚╩═╝╚╝╬
Last edited by janneli561 at Jun 27, 2009,
i also tried to be everybodys friend.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Quote by SoWrongItsMatt

wtf kinda high school do you go to
there are groups at my school and they are very sterotypical

i hang out with the stoners at my school but i trie to keep a couple of the preppy ones around so i don't get sucked to far into the drug world
Fender American Special Telecaster
Blackstar HT-5
Wren and Cuff Tall Font Russian
BBE Sonic Stomp
Mojo Hand FX Recoil Delay
Empress ParaEQ
I went to a small school of about 90, so even though there were still groups, everyone still got along and hung out with each other.

I was in the "plays video game" crowd, but was never regarded as a nerd for some reason.
Guitar Player Since April 12th, 2005.
Guitar of Choice: Schecter S-1 Elite
Proud of His Two Warnings
Umm, I hung out with the Popular kids for the most part. There was also kinda a select group of us comprised of some of the guys from our Elementary school + my bandmates.
The smart/AP kids.

Despite the fact that I'm very different than most of them. They're just with whom I have classes.

That's why I have only a few close friends. But it doesn't bother me. I mean, why the fu/ck would I want to be friends with 99% of the people out there?
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
we were nerds, but very cultural nerds, and very cool people. but i was also friends with a bunch of other groups, i wasn't as socially isolated as some of my friends.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Quote by Shayne777
wtf kinda high school do you go to
there are groups at my school and they are very sterotypical

i hang out with the stoners at my school but i trie to keep a couple of the preppy ones around so i don't get sucked to far into the drug world

of all the "types" of people i know, preps do harder drugs than any of the others.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Basically everyone in my graduating class hung out together, except the weird 4chan anime kids who wore cat ears and ****, everyone else would party together and stuff, even if we didn't all hang out at school.
Gear
Jackson Dinky DKMGT Transparent Black
I just am. Mainly the weirdo's and oddballs I guess, but not completely. Just the people. All sorts of different people. I mean, I'm a pothead, I listen to Grendel, I can't stand the greatful dead, I dress like marlon brando (down to the black and white spectator shoes), and hang around the druggies, the dealers, the punks, the freaks, and normal average people. I flow seemlessly between my friends.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
in relation to this, have any of you graduated folks run into somebody who was a d*ck to you in high school (after youve graduated) and they were nice to you like yall were best friends or something?
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Page 1 of 4