Its about time for me to get a new guitar. Ive been playing seriously for 3 years and consider myself an intermediate player.

My style of play is mostly metal (old school and new), but i want something that can also play ska/reggae (if thats possible), and have good cleans.

My budget is 800 dollars. Any suggestions?
I'd recommend a guitar with two humbuckers and a coil tap/split so you can get a brighter, more single-coil tone for ska/reggae stuff, and use the full humbucker for metal.

You could look into an HSS strat, but i would recommend you swap out the potentiometer for a 500k because otherwise the humbucker will sound muddy, weak, and undefined.

EDIT: A Jackson DK2 might work well if you like the neck, as it is HSS configuration.
Ibanez RG550 or similar prestige.
1987 Ibanez Jem 777LNG #124
2012 Herc Fede PMC Jem
1987 Ibanez RG550 Road Flare Red-R
Marshall JCM-1 W/Lead 12 Cab.
Wampler, Ibanez, MXR, Morley Pedals
without naming guitars, I would say find something with a humbucker and 2 single coils, that way you can play the heavier stuff, then switch pickups for something lighter.
Ibanez S7521qm 7 string
Ibanez S771pb
Fender Jaguar HH Special
PRS SE Custom 24 7 string
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
I vote save up just a bit more and, as others have suggested, go for an (MIA) HSS strat. Or really anything with an HSS setup, HSH would probably work also.
Pot
Kettle
Black
Epiphone les paul custom with a JB + 59 (4 conductor) and a push-pull tone pot for coil tapping.