Page 1 of 2
Quote by justin129
How long have you been working with 3d modeling software? I started about 4 days ago.

I'm just pulling your leg man. I found that on google.
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
something funny?

lol
Quote by metaldud536
lol

Did you actually? I know your pretty good with paint... but if so, that reflection is beyond impressive... I actually have no words for how awesome that is if you did it in paint...

EDIT:
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible
Quote by EnyoAdonai
Did you actually? I know your pretty good with paint... but if so, that reflection is beyond impressive... I actually have no words for how awesome that is if you did it in paint...

No I didn't. Besides ms paint, I just started learning how to use Adobe Illustrator but no 3d modeling.
My old Media teacher was amazing.

Needless to say, he is now working for some massive film company.
My Last.fm
USA Fender Stratocaster | Roland Cube 60 | VOX ToneLab LE
Hey how hard is it to get into this? I want to try and make a movie and was looking for some modeling software to get. Whats a good starting point, and how hard is it to do this?
frog_friend and WGP: UG's Kramer brotherhood

Ug's 4th ENGL endorser
Randy Rhoads is god
founder of the "ENGL amps" fanclub. PM me to join
Maya is not free.
Quote by Carmel
You are a redeeming feature for the UG Swedish population.

All-riiight.
Maya is not free, although you can probably find an educational version (or a torrent of it). I personally use 3ds Max.

It can be pretty daunting to get into, but if you do some tutorials you start to get the hang of it.
Quote by frog_friend
Hey how hard is it to get into this? I want to try and make a movie and was looking for some modeling software to get. Whats a good starting point, and how hard is it to do this?

Go download Blender (the program I used to make the duck!)

Read some of the basic tutorials and practice.

It's all about following directions and remembering the directions when you need to use them.

And a little bit of artistic ability.
Quote by metaldud536
Then I have failed. Goodbye

lol

cwutididthar?
Quote by Carmel
You are a redeeming feature for the UG Swedish population.

All-riiight.
i made a mech, these are like 2 years old though

Quote by hide_the_beer
"The sun is a cube, not a sphere."

"The sun is a cube, not a sphere."

crazy?

Quote by hide_the_beer
Aw man. Out of context! People are going to think I'm crazy.

"The sun is a sphere, not a cube."

"The sun is a sphere, not a cube."

nope
I used to use 3D modelling software a few years ago and animating what I made. I remember I had a decent enough animation using my own models of one of those ships from the Matrix moving in two tunnels and going around a corner. Thought they were quite good, with a lot of detail (using some textures only for the tunnel I found online and lighting the scene and stuff with some sprite lightning). But my hard drive on the old PC got erased and havent tried anything else since

I can't even remember the program. It had the capability to build objects, but also to animate and texture. Ahh..want to know again...the name is in my head but I can't think of it.

And to you, the guy above with the room and the Mudkip, very nice.
UG's Batman

NOW WITHOUT CHRISTIAN BALE'S "GRUFF" LISPY VOICE!

Batman doesn't need Christmas to wear his Santa hat.
I've been learning hammer in the source engine. So far all i have made is some box-like maps though.
i used to use blender and i was into creating 3d people, i learned how to make joints for them to make there legs,arms,head,neck, everything move, but i gave up :/, my friend was really good and made a fps with blender, yea he made a game with it it was ****in sweet
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Warned for having the wrong opinion.
Quote by A Bad Guitarist

I'm a fan of digital modeling.

Touche, sir, touche...
Quote by metaldud536

OH my god that M3 is so ****ING SEXY!!!

I dabbled with Hash Animation: Master for a bit, just made AK-47's and guitars
The playground of the world
Did that a while ago in 3ds max.

More of a rendering job than an actual modeling one though
Page 1 of 2