Quote by Rising
For this song I'm recording, I want to take an audio clip of THIS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qr4PcOQYFAw

We've all seen it done at one point or another, ex; a thrash metal tune with a clip from a war film.

So how do you do ?

Metallica owns that movie. You will be legally boned if you do that, besides you'll need a master track.
You reenact war and record it, of course.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by JacobTheMe
Metallica owns that movie. You will be legally boned if you do that, besides you'll need a master track.

Yep. Chances are, Lars will hunt you down and sue you for thousands of dollars in damages.
Quote by JacobTheMe

...you're joking...

Show me where it says that.

What the hell would they want with that movie ? As far as I know they've never used any clips from it, referred to it, let alone sing about zombies

EDIT: regardless, lars can suck a chode, im using it.
Last edited by Rising at Jun 26, 2009,
Quote by Rising
...you're joking...

Show me where it says that.

What the hell would they want with that movie ? As far as I know they've never used any clips from it, referred to it, let alone sing about zombies

My bad, I should have put that differently.

You said "A certain thrash band using film clips". Metallica owns the right to "Johnny's Got His Gun" which is used in "One".

I don't know metal very well, so I just guessed.

What i'm saying is, you have to either own the rights to the clip or have permission from the owner.