So ive had my new MH-1000 for about two weeks now, its great, bood metal tone but not alot of the low end. but with my old EX-50 i had tons of low end.

i see this as weird because the EX-50 had some stock ESP pickups and my MH has a JB and a 59. however the EX was set up with DRs and it was in drop C. i put the MH in drop c and got some more chug, could puttin the DR's on my MH give me my chug back?
Obsession! Obsessive! Obsessed! Abscess!
I have my chug when I'm down in A standard probably just the pickups
Quote by Wrst_Plyr_Evr
I beat my wife

Beating yea bi
^probably not, lamb of god does it.
Quote by Pac_man0123
You might have to EQ your amp differently for the different guitar.

i thought that too, but my bass is already at eight and id prefer not to dime any of my settings.
maybe its your distortion man? try it out on other pedals and amps etc etc
Quote by Wrst_Plyr_Evr
I beat my wife

Beating yea bi
Your chug is up my Anus so suck my un large smelly balls.
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
Epiphone G-400
Cheap acoustic

Roland Cube 30X
USA Big Muff PI
Dunlop Crybaby Wah GCB-95
Quote by Dimefan69
i thought that too, but my bass is already at eight and id prefer not to dime any of my settings.

Turn your bass down and your mids up dude. And get a DiMarzio Super Distortion pickup for more low end, or a Tone Zone maybe.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
I've always found the JB to be thin and trebley. Also, you're EX-50 was an Explorer shape, correct? Explorers are big, with a lot of wood and boom. Even my Explorer Pro, which is 10% smaller than normal Explorers, has a massive low end compared to most guitars. What I would suggest is an EQ pedal, to boost your lower mids. Boost the 240-500hz range. That should give you quite a bit of chug.

This Guy is Stupid.
|
\/
that's why i got rid of my jb from my bridge. that's why i'm looking at active now.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
^dont have that kind of money. its not the pickups, as ive explained, and my mids are at seven, i dont want to go much higher.
Quote by Checker
I've always found the JB to be thin and trebley. Also, you're EX-50 was an Explorer shape, correct? Explorers are big, with a lot of wood and boom. Even my Explorer Pro, which is 10% smaller than normal Explorers, has a massive low end compared to most guitars. What I would suggest is an EQ pedal, to boost your lower mids. Boost the 240-500hz range. That should give you quite a bit of chug.

good point, didnt think of that. ill try the eq, i have been thinkin about gettin one for a while, maybe an MXR 6-band?
Quote by Dimefan69
good point, didnt think of that. ill try the eq, i have been thinkin about gettin one for a while, maybe an MXR 6-band?

That would be fine, although you might wanna consider shelling out a little more for the 10-band if you like to tweak. You'll just have more control.

Definitely don't swap your pickups YET. After the EQ pedal, if you want to TWEAK your sound, that's when you want a pickup change.

This Guy is Stupid.
|
\/
Quote by Checker
That would be fine, although you might wanna consider shelling out a little more for the 10-band if you like to tweak. You'll just have more control.

Definitely don't swap your pickups YET. After the EQ pedal, if you want to TWEAK your sound, that's when you want a pickup change.

yea, i get that, it doesnt have bad "chug" anyway, just not much compared to the EX. so that eq should fix it right up.
Or, put an Alnico 8 magnet in it...
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by Dimefan69

eq with your ears, not with your eyes.
Quote by haz_uk
eq with your ears, not with your eyes.

it goes to mush if i dime it.
your muting has to change when you go from a 24.75" scale to a 25.5" scale. move your hand around until you find the chug spot on the strings
I play Lacrosse, you should too
Quote by reeses
heed this man's suggestion, for he is wise.

Aww shucks...

Quote by Tom 1.0
Oh and wait for the Schecter fan boys, if you listen real hard you can already hear them coming.
Quote by Metalfan41
your muting has to change when you go from a 24.75" scale to a 25.5" scale. move your hand around until you find the chug spot on the strings

thats interesting. ill try that, thank you.
Quote by Dimefan69
thats interesting. ill try that, thank you.

Ive found that the chug spot is almost on top of the bridge pickup on 25.5" scales, but that could just be my experience
I play Lacrosse, you should too
Quote by reeses
heed this man's suggestion, for he is wise.

Aww shucks...

Quote by Tom 1.0
Oh and wait for the Schecter fan boys, if you listen real hard you can already hear them coming.
The JB is very compressed and most of it's tone sits in the midrange except for the thin trebble spike that makes people think it sounds thin. Not a good pickup for "chug". There are 2 ways to get a good chug sound. 1 is with low output alnico pickups and an amp that likes to compress everything into the lower midrange like a JCM2000. The other is to have any ol' "good" amp and use pickups that are high output with ceramic or neodymium magnets. The reason for this is to get the chug you need the low end to be tight. Low output alnico pickups have a tight low end but don't have a lot of low end which is why you need the amp to do so much work. High output ceramic and neodymium pickups do have the low end all on their own and it's very tight. High output alnico pickups compress out the low end so they simply don't cut it.
Not taking any online orders.