Well, my guitarist promised a friend of both of ours that he could play keyboard for a couple of songs for us. Using this opportunity, I've mainly been looking at songs we've wanted to perform but need two guitarists for, and switching one of the guitars over to keyboard. One of the songs I chose was Reptilia. The way I tabbed it, the keyboard would do the rhythm guitar. But, the singer doesn't play in instrument in The Strokes.... what I'm trying to ask is, do you think it would be too difficult to play the lead guitar to Reptilia while singing? If it is, I can always have the keyboard play lead for most of the vocal parts, but I'd prefer if the keyboard did the rhythm wherever possible...
Quote by metaldud536
It's not possible.

OH NOOOOOOO

But yeah, it's probably possible, just depends on how good he is.
it sounds like he's kind of moaning anyway, like you would if you zoned out on the singing and focused mostly on the guitar. I'd say it's easily doable, but you'd have to actually practice it. Why don't you go out and try it instead of thinking out loud on UG?
Good song.

You could probably pull it off if you practiced it enough, but if it was me, I'd just stick to playing rhythm.

Edit: The verse seems like it'd be harder than the chorus. The chorus is just straight quarter notes. The verse has more of a groove to it, which seems like it'd be tough.
Last edited by archangels666 at Jun 26, 2009,
Quote by Glen'sHeroicAct
it sounds like he's kind of moaning anyway, like you would if you zoned out on the singing and focused mostly on the guitar. I'd say it's easily doable, but you'd have to actually practice it. Why don't you go out and try it instead of thinking out loud on UG?

I'm the bassist

I'll have to talk to my guitarist. Do to what we will call "technical difficulties" (*cough**cough*our fatass drummer never shows up), our practice time has been limited. I just wanted opinions before asking him. I'll have to ask him to practice it before we practice together, and show him the PDF's of what to play, I guess....
Jimi Hendrix.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
Quote by archangels666
Edit: The verse seems like it'd be harder than the chorus. The chorus is just straight quarter notes. The verse has more of a groove to it, which seems like it'd be tough.

That's where I'm seeing the problem. The first, quieter part of the verse I switched over to the keyboard, so he'd only be singing, but the second half seems like it might be difficult.
my drummer sings this song.
Quote by DieGarbageMan
When having sex i realise my penis is of small nature.

Quote by Demon Wolf
I got a similar thing from playing too much Pokemon.

Magikarpal tunnel.
Quote by Vornik
Jimi Hendrix.

You go ahead and resurrect him and convince him to join my band. I thank you in advance.
Quote by herby190
So? The drum beat sounds pretty easy.

that's the point. there's your solution....
Quote by DieGarbageMan
When having sex i realise my penis is of small nature.

Quote by Demon Wolf
I got a similar thing from playing too much Pokemon.

Magikarpal tunnel.
Get a guitarist friend to play the lead for you.
No muerde, no calla
Sin sangre no hay arte
Nada ni nadie
De nada más

Quote by slipmaggot93
that's the point. there's your solution....

My drummer is fat, lazy, and plays WoW. He will not take the time to learn how to sing this, I guarantee you. I don't really think he can sing, and anyways, he's overly self-conscious.
Quote by Fat-bastard0603
Get a guitarist friend to play the lead for you.

The thing is, we should probably avoid being reliant on other people too much as far as live performances. Adding a keyboardist seems like as far as we should take it.