Page 1 of 2
So I went to Long and McQuade today to return my H2O with the bad output jack and while I was there I picked up this:

A set of six Dunlop Jazz III picks! I've always wanted to try these and now I have not one, not two, but SIX of them!
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
They are nice I use them all the time and forever will, but be careful, once you play them for a little while you can't really go back to "normal" picks.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Well, there may have been one or two other things I may have forgotten...

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.

The Ultex versions are better IMO.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Well, since nobody took the bait and flamed me for posting a NGD thread for guitar picks, here's the real stuff - I'm far too excited to wait for more responses. (I actually did buy the picks though)

Edit: REAL pics will be up when my fiance brings the camera back home on Sunday. Sadly I left my phone with my tools in the electrical room so I can't even post horribly pixellated phone pics.

Last edited by bubb_tubbs at Jun 26, 2009,
nice

edit- i was going to tell the TS to move it to a different thread. Then I saw it was you. Then I decided to lurk instead.

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
Last edited by jc349 at Jun 26, 2009,

That cab come yet? How do you like the obsessive compulsive pedal?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020

That cab come yet? How do you like the obsessive compulsive pedal?

Nope. If the tracking info is correct, the assholes haven't even shipped it out of the US yet, even though they got it last Friday and the ETA was yesterday.

Ah, courier companies.

As for the pedal, I just got home and the tubes are warming up as we speak!

I may have an ocd on the way to me in a trade. Yea I'd like to hear that puppy. Do a clip if possible. Nice stuff, I need a wah.
Fulltone stuff is nice.

Anyway, picks (and your picking technique FWIW) have a huge effect on tone.
My name is Tom, feel free to use it.
Quote by gregs1020
I may have an ocd on the way to me in a trade. Yea I'd like to hear that puppy. Do a clip if possible. Nice stuff, I need a wah.

It'll sound like ass through the Silvertone's cab but I might throw one up later of an A/B of the Maxon vs OCD and the 535 vs Clyde Deluxe.

I never really liked Jensen speakers, but I've also never been a huge Fender fan either.

^ Except the Bassman. You can't possibly hate that amp.

What really excites me about this purchase isn't necessarily the pedals themselves, but more that my list of gear for the new rig only has 4 pieces left to complete!

Last edited by bubb_tubbs at Jun 26, 2009,
Yah, but those 4 are the expensive pieces Congratz, OCDs are great!
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
Quote by classicrocker01
Yah, but those 4 are the expensive pieces Congratz, OCDs are great!

Don't think that hasn't occurred to me.

^Oh well, at least you can afford an awesome rig
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
Nice pedals. How is the Clyde? got some nice features with those knobs?
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
Quote by TOMMYB22
Nice pedals. How is the Clyde? got some nice features with those knobs?

It's definitely worth the substantial price tag. I opened it up and it's all hand-wired (real tidy job too).

So far I've only been fiddling with the Jimi setting. I haven't tried Shaft or Wacked yet.

The OCD is FAR better than I'd anticipated. Really, really pushes the 800 hard if I level up all the way and go about 2:00 on Drive, 3:00 Tone, LP switch.

Recording as we speak. A/B of the 535 VS Clyde and natural 800 overdrive vs OCD as a dirtbox.

hahaha, nice! EDIT: just realised you got nice pedals too, sweet
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
clips plox

PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me

If he's anything like me, he'll either have 50 "no takes" and be a perfectionist. Or, do it in one take and sound good enough.
Quote by gregs1020

If he's anything like me, he'll either have 50 "no takes" and be a perfectionist. Or, do it in one take and sound good enough.

The first.

The sound of people chewing popcorn in this thread is unbearable.

It definitely adds to the tension though...

Above post may or may not be true.
bubbtubbs by the looks of it you have one of the most awesome-est rigs evarrrr! I'm officially jealous
I like Beans.

Quote by Hypnotisation
Throw away old strings? Are you kidding me? They're the only thing that can strangle unicorns!

BE AFRAID OF THE MODIFIED BEAR!

I know I am
Got 2 of them done. It took forever to find the sweet spot in the room to minimize the horrible hum the single coils from the Squier give off. My LP is in the shop getting its yearly setup at the moment so I'm without a decent 'bucker guitar.

Doing the Wah comparison after the upload.

Clean, Crunch and OCD clips are up.

Played through the Traynor 2x12 Jensen speaker cab which sounds muffled when the JCM is played through it. I'll upload clips next week when the proper Greenback cab arrives.

Please excuse my ****ty playing, I've only been seriously at it for a year. The rest was just messing around in high school with braindead playing like Blink, maybe 1 hour per month.

As a side note, I also hate the tone I'm getting through the Rock Band mic and Audacity.

Last edited by bubb_tubbs at Jun 27, 2009,
I'll take the absence of "omg bubb_tubbs u r turribull" comments to be an appreciation, or at least ambiguous opinion of my sightreading the BiB tab off of here.

Clean wah clips are up! The Jensens sound much better clean than dirty, IMO.

What a difference in sweep range...

Also, you were strumming too fast for BiB. ;P It's a more rhythmic feel strum than straight downupdown.
Last edited by eXperiment63 at Jun 27, 2009,
Quote by eXperiment63
What a difference in sweep range...

Also, you were strumming too fast for BiB. ;P It's a more rhythmic feel strum than straight downupdown.

I might have had the sampling at the wrong speed. Or just gotten overexcited and sped up.

The sweep range difference is pretty dramatic, isn't it? I also thought the Clyde has a better bypassed tone, but for some reason in the recording the 535s is much louder, while the Clyde's is clearer. I can't imagine why since it's only 20ft of cable so the bypass shouldn't have boosted it that much.

Dirty wah clips are up. I think the heel-down chugging really showed the limitations of the Dunlop pedal when distortion is applied. You can barely hear anything, it's just pure mud with no definition.

Congrats on the killer pedals! I LOVE my OCD. Best boost pedal made IMO. I cracked up when I first thought the NGD was just picks. I was sitting there thinking " bubb tubbs would NOT make a thread just about a handful of picks". Good thing I kept reading!
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
nice clips
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by riffhog
Congrats on the killer pedals! I LOVE my OCD. Best boost pedal made IMO. I cracked up when I first thought the NGD was just picks. I was sitting there thinking " bubb tubbs would NOT make a thread just about a handful of picks". Good thing I kept reading!

Yeah, it was an attempt at a troll, but too few people bought it and I didn't want anybody to lose interest.

Quote by michal23
You're doing it wrong! You're supposed to put the rubbish gear first... jeez

I uploaded them in crappy > good order. The site reorders them based on the names or dates or whatever.

Perhaps Sort By Date will show correctly if the timestamp is down to the second?

It occurs to me that I might have been a little misleading when I said 1 year of playing. While I really only have that of guitar, I have 21 years of piano and 15 of violin, so learning guitar is just a matter of picking technique, getting used to the fingerboard being sideways instead of in front of my face, and figuring out all the sound engineering that goes along with electrics. I still haven't learned the scales to the degree I'd like to yet, but I'm working on that.

Once I'm finished with the rig I may invest a bit in at least a year of lessons, because teaching myself pinches, bends, and other lead techniques has been difficult. I've managed to do a passable job but I'm sure I could do better with some proper instruction. I also need to stop doing regular vibrato habitually (parallel to the fingerboard direction) like on a violin and focus on using lead vibrato for a bigger pitch swing.

Edit:
I'll also get you guys a recording in October of our show for MVN (Medical Students Variety Night - fiancee is a 4th year MD student). Our band, Hymen Assassins, will be playing Sweet Child 'o Mine, All Along the Watchtower (two reasons I wanted the wah upgrade), and a couple other songs we haven't figured out yet. There's kind of a rush to get the rig upgraded at least to the pedals and pickups stage because of the time constraints.

Page 1 of 2