So this week was a very awesome NGD. Introducing mexican_shred's brand new Ibanez J-Custom! I ordered this baby on ebay new for a bargain price of 1800 USD. Came in perfect condition, perfectly setup. It still has that new guitar smell for those who are curious (lol). For the folks wondering about the specs:

Body:Flamed Maple / African Mahogany body
Neck:5pcs Maple / Walnut j.custom neck
Fingerboard:Rosewood fingerboard with “Tree of Life” inlay
Bridge:Edge-Zero Tremolo bridge w/ZPS3
Neck P.U: DiMarzioAir Norton(H) neck P.U
Mid P.U: DiMarzio True Velvet (S) mid P.U
Bridge P.U: DiMarzio Tone Zone (H) bridge P.U
Hardware color:Cosmo Black
Finish:PA(Purple Amethyst),BX(Black Onyx),RS(Red Spinel)

So now onto to part most people prob want, the pics.( links due to size)

Edit more to come sorry

The rest are links now.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v409/allstar1234/gear/DSC_0686.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v409/allstar1234/gear/DSC_0687.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v409/allstar1234/gear/DSC_0688.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v409/allstar1234/gear/DSC_0689.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v409/allstar1234/gear/DSC_0689.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v409/allstar1234/gear/DSC_0704.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v409/allstar1234/gear/DSC_0701.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v409/allstar1234/gear/DSC_0746.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v409/allstar1234/gear/DSC_0714.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v409/allstar1234/gear/DSC_0714.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v409/allstar1234/gear/DSC_0709.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v409/allstar1234/gear/DSC_0724.jpg
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Last edited by mexican_shred at Jun 26, 2009,
very nice inlays, HNGD
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
Oh my god.

My Rig ;D
Ibanez RG550XX 20th Anniversary
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Crate V50-112 (Modded)
Roland Micro Cube
Lovepedal Purple Plexi 800
Lovepedal Pickle Vibe
Ibanez TS-9
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Score. Neat guitar man.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE LURKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Very nice. I've already decided I'm never going to own another guitar with a floating double-locking tremolo (too much of a pain), but how does the Edge Zero compare to the Edge Pro?
My name is Tom, feel free to use it.
I'll keep uploading pics as my computer uploads them to photobuck

Review of the guitar: Holy Crap a mahogany body rg? It definitely has a heavier feel than my rg1570, 770 and 570. However its still super light compared to my gibsons. As for the J-custom neck, its supposed to be basically the same as a wizard neck, however i feel that its slightly "bigger". Its seems more comfy than the RG1570 neck to be honest. The Edge Zero Bridge is interesting. I haven't fiddled enough with it to give an accurate response to it, but from a first impression seems like a great bridge. On par with the edge and edge pro bridges.

Sound: Sounds completely different from the other rg's. Albeit its different pups(This has the true velvet and air norton, while the others have paf joe/paf pro/paf pro yjm,stock ibanez single coil), the mahogany gives it a bassier darker response. I had to turn the bass down on my amps to compensate for the change. The tone zone sounds very different in mahogany. I have one in the schecter, but this one sounds even more different. Its very bass responsive compared to the others, however it seems to alleviated some of the screechy ness of the tonezone when its in basswood. As for the Air Norton, im liking it but not loving it. The paf joe is such a cleaner, jazzier pup that does great for solo playing. However, im sure as i play more with the air norton, ill pick the hang of it. The True Velvet is what a single coil in an RG should be; Has a twangy sound but not "turned back". Very different from the yjm. Ballsier and twangier. Clips will come comparing the j-custom and rg1570

more reviews has i get more familiarized with the guitar
Quote by Prophet of Page
Very nice. I've already decided I'm never going to own another guitar with a floating double-locking tremolo (too much of a pain), but how does the Edge Zero compare to the Edge Pro?

Sorry for the double post

I haven't really fiddled with it to really get a better opinion of it. From the looks of it however, it seems they took the best parts of the Zero and Edge and put them together. Reading the manual it seems to be in much better balance than the Edge pro. However to me currently, it seems the same as an Edge Pro.

Oh i hear you about a pain with double locking floaties. I originally wanted to buy a hard tailed PGM301, but since they discontinued it i looked elsewhere. And when i came across this deal I knew i had to buy. Compared to the new list price and other ebay auctions, it was quite a steal for new.
Quote by mexican_shred
I haven't really fiddled with it to really get a better opinion of it. From the looks of it however, it seems they took the best parts of the Zero and Edge and put them together. Reading the manual it seems to be in much better balance than the Edge pro. However to me currently, it seems the same as an Edge Pro.

Ibanez tremolos all have a really unique feel to me, to be expected really, since they all have slightly different profiles and arm-holder positions. I haven't tried the Edge Zero yet.

Quote by mexican_shred
Oh i hear you about a pain with double locking floaties. I originally wanted to buy a hard tailed PGM301, but since they discontinued it i looked elsewhere. And when i came across this deal I knew i had to buy. Compared to the new list price and other ebay auctions, it was quite a steal for new.

I had thought about buying a 301 too. You got a stellar guitar mind!
Oh. My God.

One of the best looking Ibby's I've ever seen. You must be having a very Happy New Guitar Day.

HNGD

(goes and gets new pair of undies)
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
Beautiful. The J-Custom vine is so much better than the current JEM vine IMO (the coloured vines like in VDY, FPs and BFPs are cool). Vai should have stuck with the Disappearing Pyramids, they were awesome.
Heh, and I rushed to buy a 301 because I heard they were being discontinued.
Is the floating trem really that tough to deal with?

But that J Custom is beautiful.
Quote by Prophet of Page
Ibanez tremolos all have a really unique feel to me, to be expected really, since they all have slightly different profiles and arm-holder positions. I haven't tried the Edge Zero yet.

I had thought about buying a 301 too. You got a stellar guitar mind!

I agree. An edge feels so much different than an edge pro. the edge is my favorite by far for personal reasons.

Haha thats awesome. Great minds think alike. At first i thought a jem would be a nice filler for a pgm but when i checked out the new prices i was like haha no way.

Beautiful. The J-Custom vine is so much better than the current JEM vine IMO (the coloured vines like in VDY, FPs and BFPs are cool). Vai should have stuck with the Disappearing Pyramids, they were awesome.

I agree. His for the love of god guitar is so beautiful
Quote by mexican_shred
I agree. An edge feels so much different than an edge pro. the edge is my favorite by far for personal reasons.

I'm not sure which I like best. With good setup (and probably a set of locking studs for the Edge Pro), they're all equally stable. I think the Edge has the smoothest, easiest action, the Lo Pro is the easiest for more precise bending, the Edge Pro inhibits my picking the least. I can live with having an Edge Pro. I won't be buying a nother locking tremolo guitar.

Quote by mexican_shred
Haha thats awesome. Great minds think alike. At first i thought a jem would be a nice filler for a pgm but when i checked out the new prices i was like haha no way

I'd never have bought a JEM, but I found one brand new for a great deal. Knowing I could sell it for more than I paid for it, I was happy to risk buying.
Quote by Sir Anonymous
Heh, and I rushed to buy a 301 because I heard they were being discontinued.
Is the floating trem really that tough to deal with?

But that J Custom is beautiful.

I was going to do that, but i was 200 bucks short last summer to buy one : /

Eh its a love hate. Its great for tuning stability. Hassle to change strings. Instead of like 3 minutes it takes like 10 mins. I love trems to an extent. It feels very solid for a bridge imo. however i cant downtune on either one of my 4 ibanez's so its a bit of a turn off sometimes, since all of them are in standard. However i have an ltd ex400 and schecter for downtuning so its all fine and dandy
Quote by Nick James
why isnt this guitar one their website?

its on the japanese one, since j customs are only purchasable in japan.
Quote by mexican_shred
its on the japanese one, since j customs are only purchasable in japan.

O.O should have got the purple =)
kickass. i've tried the earlier versions of those (with the edge pro) and they're very nice indeed. I agree about the neck, they're not the same as wizards.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
great looking guitar man!
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Quote by Dave_Mc
kickass. i've tried the earlier versions of those (with the edge pro) and they're very nice indeed. I agree about the neck, they're not the same as wizards.

Yea it feels really different. Even alot different than the jems and pgms i played. Feels a little heavier, but still play great, so i cant complain about it.

O.O should have got the purple =)

Would have but they sold the purple one a week before i decided to buy.
Lock eyes from across the room
down my drink while the rhythms boom
take your hand and skip the names
no need here for the silly games
make our way through the smoke and crowd
the club is the sky and I'm on your cloud
move in close as the lasers fly
our bodies touch and the angels cry
leave this place go back to yours
our lips first touch outside your doors
a whole night what we've got in store
whisper in my ear that you want some more
and I

JIZZ IN MY PANTS
This really never happens you can take my word
I won't apologize, that's just absurd
Mainly your fault from the way that you dance
and now I
JIZZ IN MY PANTS
don't tell your friends or I'll say your a slut
plus its your fault, you were rubbing my butt
I'm very sensitive, some would say that's a plus

Now I'll go home and change

I need a few things from the grocery
do things alone now mostly
left me heart broken not lookin' for love
surprised in my eyes when I looked above
the check out counter and I saw a face
My heart stood still so did time and space
Never felt that I could feel real again
But the look in her eyes said I need a friend
She turned to me that's when she said it
Looked me dead in the face, asked "Cash or Credit?"
And I

JIZZED IN MY PANTS
It's perfectly normal, nothing wrong with me
But we're going to need a clean up on aisle 3
And now I'm posed in an awkward stance because I
JIZZED IN MY PANTS
To be fair you were flirting a lot
plus the way you bag cans got me bothered and hot
please stop acting like you're not impressed
One more thing, I'm gonna play by check

Last week - I saw a film
As I recall it was a horror film
Walked outside into the rain
Checked my phone and saw you rang and I
JIZZED IN MY PANTS

Speeding down the street when the red lights flash
need to get away need to make a dash
A song comes on that reminds me of you and I
JIZZ IN MY PANTS

The next day my alarm goes off and I
JIZZ IN MY PANTS

Open my window and a breeze rolls in and I
JIZZ IN MY PANTS

When Bruce Willis was dead at the end of sixth sense I
JIZZED IN MY PANTS

I just ate a grape and I
JIZZED...IN...MY PANTS
JIZZED...IN...MY PANTS

Ok seriously you guys can we...ok...

I JIZZ RIGHT IN MY PANTS EVERY TIME YOU'RE NEXT TO ME
AND WHEN WE'RE HOLDING HANDS ITS LIKE HAVING SEX TO ME
YOU SAY IM PREMATURE I JUST CALL IT ECSTASY
I WEAR A RUBBER AT ALL TIMES ITS A NECESSITY

Cuz I
JIZZ...IN...MY PANTS
(I jizz in my pants, I jizz in my pants, yes I jizz in my pants, yes I jizz in my pants)
yes I JIZZ...IN...MY PANTS
(I jizz in my pants (AKIVA!), I jizz in my pants)
Quote by mexican_shred
Yea it feels really different. Even alot different than the jems and pgms i played. Feels a little heavier, but still play great, so i cant complain about it.

yeah, definitely, i've tried them next to jems and next to RGs, and the necks feel different.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?