Well before anyone says go to a country that speaks the language, I don't have that kinda money and I am 16. lol.

I kinda had the idea of picking it up via the internet and trying to talk to people in it. Like Spanish and what not. Any ideas?
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
I learnt a lot of french by talking to one of my Xbox Live Fifa09 buddies every night for a few hours.. He spoke good english and taught me pretty good!...I only ever met him in a fifa game.. so.... It was cool.
Start speaking it immediatly, if noone catches on, you're good.

Try this with every language on the world until you find one that sticks.
Quote by BrashPersona
I learnt a lot of french by talking to one of my Xbox Live Fifa09 buddies every night for a few hours.. He spoke good english and taught me pretty good!...I only ever met him in a fifa game.. so.... It was cool.

Yeah, that is kinda the idea I had. Learning from people on a game...lol.
Quote by Tyler Durden

Erowid
Quote by RockGuitar92
Yeah, that is kinda the idea I had. Learning from people on a game...lol.

Meh,

I tasted slight sarcasm in your comment.

It was only a suggestion, it means you're in conversation with a knowledgeable person, if you don't have that luck then.. I suggest you prostate yourself over an online translator and hope for the best.
Quote by BrashPersona

Maybe you should work on your English first.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
A serious answer here-
Go for Rosetta Stone. If you're serious about learning the language, Rosetta Stone is a really good way to learn whatever you want to.
I play guitar in a ska band.
Modded MIM Strat > Fender Tuner > Bugera V55HD > Custom built 2x12
Go in the middle of a foreign country without any money, food or water. I'm sure you'll learn pretty damn fast.
Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Maybe you should work on your English first.

Grammar Nazi
"Rosetta Stone is the world's #1 language-learning software." Look it up on torrents, that should get you going ASAP

EDIT: Btw if you're trying to get Spanish pussy just say, como estas mi amore.
Quote by BrashPersona
Meh,

I tasted slight sarcasm in your comment.

It was only a suggestion, it means you're in conversation with a knowledgeable person, if you don't have that luck then.. I suggest you prostate yourself over an online translator and hope for the best.

I was actually dead serious.
Quote by Tyler Durden

Erowid
text to a girl that knows the language and let her flirt with you in that language and see if you can figure it out, I'm doing that right now
#25 for top 100 UGer of 2009
UG's 2nd Funniest UGer and 3rd most likely to be a Serial Killer of 2009, 2nd of 2011
Quote by RockGuitar92
I was actually dead serious.

Oh ok!.......

Well good luck! learning a language is extremely difficult in my opinion I envy people who can talk more than one language.
Quote by BrashPersona

LMAO
Quote by Tyler Durden

Erowid
Quote by Igotyerbooty
EDIT: Btw if you're trying to get Spanish pussy just say, como estas mi amore.

find a girl that speaks the language. thats how I learned english., ^^
Well, I learned French through my father and refined it through classes... Just find someone who speaks the language and converse with them. A LOT.
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
Quote by tmfiore

YES OMG!

The commercial for these always came on right after Hooked On Phonix!
when my aunt came here from ecuador, she didnt know a lick of english. she ended up learning by watching tv. she would watch things like the weather channel and the news and would pick up a few words here and there until she was able to speak it.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"

EDIT: Goddamnit, beaten to it.
Quote by rockonth
Why don't they just send 4chan to Iraq if they're so good at these so called "raids"?

Quote by entity0009
I once got hit by a flying wig. Either it was a wig or someone was headbanging far too hard.
Quote by yoojee-er
Livemocha.com

I love it. I'm currently learning Italian and Japanese.

Thanks to you, I'm learning Polish now
Quote by GuitarGod_92
I feel like I should pay you in sexual favors for that truly fapic story.

Quote by esther_mouse
Aww thank you sweetie Made my day a little bit brighter.

^that post and others like it made mine a Lot brighter.
Quote by Igotyerbooty
"Rosetta Stone is the world's #1 language-learning software." Look it up on torrents, that should get you going ASAP

**** Rosetta Stone. All it does is teach memorization of pictures. Not the actual grammar and rules of the language. Rosetta Stone did nothing for me.
^^^

But in the official webpage it says no memorization necessary!

Anyways, I joined livemocha.com and needless to say, I wanted to learn tagalog (language used in the philipines) but they got no course on it.

So I then chatted this girl who volunteered to teach me tagalog. Thing is, she only translates what I ask her to so is this like an effective way of learning or is there a better approach?
Do you have a school?
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Lots of grammar books. Read every grammar book you can find or the Spanish grammar nazis will flame you to hell. And so will I. Anyone learning a language without studying the grammar is an idiot.
Rosetta Stone.
Quote by MetalOblivion93
The Philosopher = Smart
The Philosopher = Win

Quote by sashki
Slayer wrote a negative song about you because you considered the possibility of them writing a positive song.

JOIN THE PS3 ALLIANCE GROUP
Quote by bradulator
Do you have a school?

If the school taught that specific language,.. would he go around like a fool trying to learn it??
Quote by Avery1
If the school taught that specific language,.. would he go around like a fool trying to learn it??

That's a crappy school then, you have to have 2 credits of foreign language where I come from to graduate.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by skaterskagg1
**** Rosetta Stone. All it does is teach memorization of pictures. Not the actual grammar and rules of the language. Rosetta Stone did nothing for me.

You must have never got to the more advanced stages then. RS is used by NASA for chirst sake.

TS, I am doing the same thing as you and what I like to do is use pimslurs(sp?) on my mp3 player. lessons are 30 mins each and it will help a long way with vocab and general phrases that you can break upand make more phrases.

Then when I get home I use Rosetta Stone and the most highest acclaimed book on that language.

It really really helps to know someone who can speak that language as well.

in a perfect world I'd do that every day but time is literally money these days.

what language is it anyway? good luck
Been in Japan since August, no fucking money left!