Is there a software that can slow down the speed of a song so i can fallow it without changing the pitch of the song?
Audacity, it's called the tempo changer or something like that, under effects.
Use any recording software....free stuff like audacity sucks so to really keep the sound at good quality buy a recording software
Audacity for sure.

For the record audacity doesn't suck at all. It's better than some hundred dollar software. If you think it sucks its because you can't use it. Just go to Effects>Change Tempo or something like that.
Musicians I Want To See Live

Metallica
Avenged Sevenfold
RHCP
Machine Head
Five Finger Death Punch
Joe Satriani/Chickenfoot
Slipknot

To Be Continued . . .
The eq on audacity is awful compared to true recording softwares...I'm not awful using it but it's really not that great. It's good for a free program but if ur trying to record for a purpose and not just for fun u don't even want to try audacity
Quote by GT_Baller
The eq on audacity is awful compared to true recording softwares...I'm not awful using it but it's really not that great. It's good for a free program but if ur trying to record for a purpose and not just for fun u don't even want to try audacity

I beg to differ, i sometimes record off the internet with audacity, driectly off of youtube or whatever, and i can notice no discernable difference in quality, even from soome ultra-high quality videos etc.
Quote by GT_Baller

When in doubt, keep the software EQ flat and use the EQ on the mixing board.

/complaints

I agree it's not as good as "true" pro recording software, but it's at least as good as anything in between. It's just more of a bitch to use because you have to really use your imagination to get certain things to work (since a lot of things aren't "supposed" to be able to be done with it).

Of course you'd be an idiot to use it for professional studio recordings, but for independent stuff the quality is good enough (though I agree it does bog down sound quality a bit. you really have to have a good audio setup for it to bug you, though).
Last edited by i_don't_know at Jun 26, 2009,
More to the point, a much better program for this kind of stuff is Bestpractice, which also has realtime pitchshift and AB looping. Ie, everything you want to do to audio to transcribe or practice playing along with. Best part is that it's free. Niiiiice.
Use guitar pro or the like, change the BPM.
Soon, death metal's drums will be so fast only computers will be able to listen to it.

94? Not bad. It shall improve >=)

Who's looking for hosting? My/My Friends site will be up and running soon, looking for customers - PM me if interested.
Quote by Freepower
More to the point, a much better program for this kind of stuff is Bestpractice, which also has realtime pitchshift and AB looping. Ie, everything you want to do to audio to transcribe or practice playing along with. Best part is that it's free. Niiiiice.

Wow thank you soooooo much FP I used to have a program somewhat like this then lost it in a reformat of Windows, and have been looking for it or something similar ever since. I have had to resort to opening up a Pro Tools session on my dad's PC every time but that is way inconvenient for me time-wise, much better to have a simple easy-to-use program right here on my computer
Thank you FREEPOWER it works very well and the pitch stays the same, perfect to play with jimmy page but at my speed....
thanks
Quote by Rallymonkey
Windows Media Player also his this feature. I'm amazed nobody mentioned that yet.

Yea, this is what i use. Doesnt change the pitch, and it can be slowed down quite considerably.
Been away, am back
can you use Audacity or BestPractice or Windows Media Player to slow down clips you find on youtube?
Quote by salsawords
Audacity, it's called the tempo changer or something like that, under effects.

This.
Current gear:
Carvin CT6M
TC Electronics Dark Matter distortion
Harley Benton 2x12, with Celestion V30s
Laney Ironheart 60w tube amp