So I had about $400 to spend on a guitar and I was looking at a shredder since I had my SG. All the ibanez and Jacksons were not "Terrific" in this price range so I decided to build my own. I am by no means a woodworker so building my own designs are out of the question. So here's my plans, hopefully you guys can give some advice or makes some changes.

So im going to base it off a Jem because I really like the bodystyle and the monkeygrip. Preferably this one because its on ebay for 50 bucks atm. Its made of Alder and to original Jem specs.
(Invalid img)

Im going to strip the paint off and repaint it with this stuff. Its a neon orange paint that glows in the dark. It will definitaly have an 80's vibe
http://cgi.ebay.com/MEGA-GLOW-Orange-Orange-paint-1-fl-oz-WOW_W0QQitemZ120438255171QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item1c0aadee43&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A1205%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

The neck is probably going to be some sort of Wizard (Maybe an original from a 550?)advice is definitaly needed on this subject.Also preferably Maple but imnot to picky.

The Pups as of now are a DiMarzio SD a YJM in the mid and a Evo in the neck. I have no idea how these would sound together so advice is needed here as well.

The Trem is going to be an Original Edge as they can be had quite cheap and are a nice Trem that will handle some abuse.

The Tuners I have no Idea here maybe some 18:1 Gotohs?

The Cavity covers, Knobs, Pickgaurd, and all other Hardware are going to be black.

So guys please fire away:
1987 Ibanez Jem 777LNG #124
2012 Herc Fede PMC Jem
1987 Ibanez RG550 Road Flare Red-R
Marshall JCM-1 W/Lead 12 Cab.
Wampler, Ibanez, MXR, Morley Pedals
the paint is pretty sweet ah :P
Quote by srq89
yeah easily, I took on one of my uncles who's suppose to be the strongest in the family and has the hottest wife. Tamed him like my bitch and then wacked off afterward thinking about his wife.

All in all, a very productive day.
Yeah After I get the project done ill revive this thread and you guys bask in the Glowing Orange of Awesome:
2012 Herc Fede PMC Jem
gotohs are great tuners, get 'em!
as for the pickups: go for it, and then change the combo if you really hate it. but if you like all three pickups, you should like the combo...
Edge I=win.
and finally, idk too much about ibanez necks, so i cant help there.
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking

Ok so I have a chance to buy this neck pretty cheap and am wanting to know what you guys think. I dont really want to swirl the body or change my pickup cover to pink and yellow etc. Its custom made and I like the pyramids for the nostalgia factor but I just dont know if it would look good on my guitar.
2012 Herc Fede PMC Jem
wait, you don't like the ibanaz guitars you can buy so your building an ibanez guitar. What?