Hey all,

I have owned the HT-5 head for about a month and am using it through my Mesa 2x12 cab and i've been looking for peoples favorite settings that they use with this head. I've searched the net and found a few cool settings that I think other people with the HT-5 would appreciate, especially people new to the head and want to see what it can do..

Oh and before you post a reply telling me to use the "ultimate settings thread" or alike, note that people often don't want to cycle through 150 pages of un-related, useless (to them of course) information to find one remark about the amp head they are searching for. Im only mentioning this because I too was looking, and found only one thread on Ultimate Guitar about HT-5 Settings and everybody just spammed him telling him to use an un-related thread.. What is the point of threads if it isn't to talk about specific topics!?

Here is what I have found so far, Please feel free to add your settings too!

Blackstar Setting British Crunch (From the Label on the amp)
ISF - 3 o’clock
Treble - 1 o’clock
Middle - 9 o’clock
Bass - 12 o’clock
Volume - 11 o’clock
Gain - 9 o’clock

Blackstar Setting American Metal (From the Label on the amp)
ISF - 7 o’clock
Treble - 2 o’clock
Middle - 8 o’clock
Bass - 3 o’clock
Volume - 9 o’clock
Gain - 3 o’clock

Good Saturation Setting
ISF - 3 o’clock
Treble - 12 o’clock
Middle - 2 o’clock
Bass - 1 o’clock
Volume - 11 o’clock
Gain - 9 o’clock

Clean - Switch to Dirty
ISF: 2
o’clock
Treble: 5
o’clock
Middle: 5
o’clock
Bass: 8
o’clock
Volume: 4
o’clock

Dirty - Switch to Clean

ISF: 2
o’clock
Treble: 5
o’clock
Middle: 5
o’clock
Bass: 8
o’clock
Volume: 2
o’clock
Gain: 3 o’clock

Enjoy! Tell me what you think or if you've found a better setting!!
Quote by gregs1020
You probably want to do this in the ht5 thread. This is good info for it.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1124190

I don't think the mods want settings threads, see the new stickie.

Why wouldn't they? Do they want people to use there site to find the info instead of sifting through 32 pages of peolple saying how they love the amp???

This is a different topic, not discussing if we tried the amp, if we love it, what else is on the market... Its just about settings and stuff for the HT-5.
I agree, the settings thread is absolutely useless.

Every amp has different parameters so there is no universal settings. For example Fenders have naturally scooped mids so to try to achieve the sound Brian May gets from his AC30's would require decreased bass and much more increased mids than if one was using a Marshall instead.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
Quote by mim_212
Why wouldn't they? Do they want people to use there site to find the info instead of sifting through 32 pages of peolple saying how they love the amp???

This is a different topic, not discussing if we tried the amp, if we love it, what else is on the market... Its just about settings and stuff for the HT-5.

there is a stickie saying that you cant make anymore settings thread.

Settings threads:
Everyone's rig is different; everyone's ear is different. Settings that work for you do not work for the next person. Therefore, settings threads are not allowed as they are not productive.
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by mim_212

Well maybe it was more about not having a bunch of stickied threads, dunno.

Quote.
Here is a list of threads which are forbidden here.

The primary goals of this list are to keep GG&A uncluttered and to make things as efficient as possible for those looking for help.

The following threads are not to be posted:

Settings threads:
Everyone's rig is different; everyone's ear is different. Settings that work for you do not work for the next person. Therefore, settings threads are not allowed as they are not productive.

That's why I suggested the ht5 thread. I understand what you are saying and where you are coming from. (Pages of people reporting each other etc early in the ht5 thread.) I just thought I would let you know.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
It would be nice if we could get a list of these for the first post of the Ultimate Ht-5 thread though.
Last edited by Music is cool at Jun 26, 2009,
Quote by Music is cool
I would be nice if we could get a list of these for the first post of the Ultimate Ht-5 thread though.

Totally agree. I'll see what I can do.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by Music is cool
I would be nice if we could get a list of these for the first post of the Ultimate Ht-5 thread though.

ask a mod to post it on the first page.
the thread starter of the HT-5 thread has been banned for some reason.
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by TOMMYB22
I agree, the settings thread is absolutely useless.

Every amp has different parameters so there is no universal settings. For example Fenders have naturally scooped mids so to try to achieve the sound Brian May gets from his AC30's would require decreased bass and much more increased mids than if one was using a Marshall instead.

EXACTLY, Why would they have 2,000,000 threads about people discussing if they like one amp or another but not want a topic about individual settings to enhance that amps specific sound??

So Does anybody have any great settings for the HT-5 that they would like to share?
The following threads are not to be posted:

Settings threads:

This does not make sense at all, why have threads about if people think one amp is better than another then, hell why voice opinions at all!!? That is why people go on threads, for opinions. Nobody thinks what is written in them is gospel...

thanks for your support gregs1020!
honestly though can we please get back to the topic... HT-5 Settings!!
I just got the HT-5 the other day. I'm running it through a Mesa 4x12 with V30's. I use mahogany guitars with high output humbuckers.
I boost the amps gain channel with a Danelectro Transparent OD and also have a BBE Sonic Stomp and ISP Decimator in front of the amp.
I also recently swapped the stock Sovtek preamp tube for a higher gain EH 12AX7.
My settings are as follows. ( 0 - 10 )

ISF - 5
Treble - 10
Mids - 4
Bass - 8
Gain - 6

I find the amp to be somewhat dark sounding, so a high treble setting helps. The BBE SS also adds a nice crispness to the attack.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Quote by Van Noord
I just got the HT-5 the other day. I'm running it through a Mesa 4x12 with V30's. I use mahogany guitars with high output humbuckers.
I boost the amps gain channel with a Danelectro Transparent OD and also have a BBE Sonic Stomp and ISP Decimator in front of the amp.
I also recently swapped the stock Sovtek preamp tube for a higher gain EH 12AX7.
My settings are as follows. ( 0 - 10 )

ISF - 5
Treble - 10
Mids - 4
Bass - 8
Gain - 6

I find the amp to be somewhat dark sounding, so a high treble setting helps. The BBE SS also adds a nice crispness to the attack.

Hi, did you need to go into a service center to change the tube and get it baised or was it just a simple change over? Did it change the sound of the amp much??
Quote by mim_212
Hi, did you need to go into a service center to change the tube and get it baised or was it just a simple change over? Did it change the sound of the amp much??
I just changed the preamp tube, not the power tube. No bias required. The change made the gain more aggressive and sharp sounding. With the stock tube I found the gain to sound a little dull.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Well, gregs seems to have tried to explain this, so I don't feel bad. There's no room for every amp to have a settings thread, that's all the forum would turn into. Put it in the ht-5 thread, get someone with a post on the first page to do it, doesn't have to be the op

*reported*
Feel free to post this in the HT5 thread, but as you've seen, settings threads are against the rules.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...