So I'm going to the city this Sunday. I'm defiantly going to check out the sam ash stores, and everything else on musicians row. Also guitar center.

But is there any other guitar, or even like music (cds//vinyls) I should check out. Preferable like underground "mom and pop" stores. I'd love to go into a store where they make there own guitars. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks. =]
you mean luthiers(the people who makes stringed instruments)??

google search them, there are plenty of non-chain privately owed music stores in NYC.
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Don't call them vinyls. Ever again.

Also, expect to spend ten times as much for anything in the city as you would anywhere else. You're probably going to Manhattan, which is cool and all for tourists, but that's not where they keep the fun stuff. You need to go to Greenwich Village for the underground hip stuff. If/when you DO go to Greenwich Village, don't plan in advance, just walk around until you find a cool store.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Rudy's music and Manny's music are worth checking out. The sam ash will have a lot of new stuff but the other two will have more vintage and boutique.
Craigslist up some gear you want... that's what I'd do. Do a bunch of research, New York is a HOTBED for gear.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Sid McCall
Don't call them vinyls. Ever again.

Also, expect to spend ten times as much for anything in the city as you would anywhere else. You're probably going to Manhattan, which is cool and all for tourists, but that's not where they keep the fun stuff. You need to go to Greenwich Village for the underground hip stuff. If/when you DO go to Greenwich Village, don't plan in advance, just walk around until you find a cool store.

Greenwich Village is in Manhattan.......