Whenever I work, I go home and obsess over every little thing I didn't do perfectly, all the mistakes I made (if any), etc. and it gets me depressed.

Anyone have any idea why my mind works like this? Ever heard of anyone else being like this? I need help.

No spam in here. You will be reported.
OCD? I'm only suggesting.
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Think about it this way. What if you didn't have a job at all? You're pretty lucky to be employed these days as it's not easy getting a good job.

Cheer up, you could always be a starving child in a third-world country.
Quote by DirtyMakik
OCD? I'm only suggesting.

Well, I DO have OCD and some anxiety issues, but I've never heard of either causing someone to be like this about the one thing they can do to be a functional part of society.

Maybe I'm not cut out to be on a working force. Perhaps I should just bite the bullet and busk for a living.

EDIT: To the above, that's just the problem. I don't have a job because I'm hesitant to apply anywhere, because working makes me feel this way.
Last edited by i_don't_know at Jun 26, 2009,
Quote by i_don't_know
Well, I DO have OCD

Quote by i_don't_know
You will be reported.

...that's a given. The drive to control people and things leads to depression, lad. It will only disappoint you in the end.

Quote by i_don't_know
Maybe I'm not cut out to be on a working force. Perhaps I should just bite the bullet and busk for a living.

Meh... the easy way out never leads to champagne, if you get what I mean.
maybe you hate your job?
There is a war going on for your mind.

If you are thinking, you are winning.

Resistance is victory.

We are building up a new world.
Do not sit idly by.
Quote by i_don't_know
To the above, that's just the problem. I don't have a job because I'm hesitant to apply anywhere, because working makes me feel this way.

First you say you work? Now you have never had a job? You've lost me there...
You're a perfectionist?

You obsess over every minute imperfection... if you have some need to do everything perfectly, it's not surprising that you'd have an adverse reaction to imperfection, it just happens that you get depressed. That could be a result of low self-esteem.

Like this :

Do things imperfectly > obsess over those imperfections > associate imperfections to your own shortcoming > depressed.
Quote by Zaphikh
First you say you work? Now you have never had a job? You've lost me there...

When did I say I never had a job? Of course I've had a job or subbed in for people on several occasions, but I hate it every time.

Quote by Zaphikh
Meh... the easy way out never leads to champagne, if you get what I mean.

I prefer red wine anyway.
Last edited by i_don't_know at Jun 26, 2009,
Quote by i_don't_know
When did I say I never had a job?

Quote by i_don't_know
I don't have a job

Quote by dark&broken
Ummm... what's your point? He said he doesn't have a job at the moment... He didn't say he had never had a job...

Logic FTW.
repitition is the key to success. Failure is normal look at GW Bush you think failure stopped him?
Quote by i_don't_know
Logic FTW.

Listen buddy, it's your petty dilemma, not mine.
It sounds like you're worried about your efficiency at your job, and it's carrying over to the rest of your life.
Quote by i_don't_know
Logic FTW.

Did you read my first post in here?

Quote by Zaphikh
Listen buddy, it's your petty dilemma, not mine.

You don't have to be a douche because you were wrong...
Quote by i_don't_know
Whenever I work, I go home and obsess over every little thing I didn't do perfectly, all the mistakes I made (if any), etc. and it gets me depressed.

Anyone have any idea why my mind works like this? Ever heard of anyone else being like this? I need help.

No spam in here. You will be reported.

I'm kind of the same way, but with schoolwork. When I go home after a test/quiz, I ALWAYS think about my solutions, if I did anything wrong, what grade I might get, etc. I always somehow convince myself that I did terrible too. Last quiz in math, after thinking it over I thought I'd get a low B or a high C, but I ended up getting a flat A (A+ if you include the points that I got from an extra credit problem).

I just worry like that

But studying seems to actually improve my mood, so I don't know what to tell you.
Gear:
'50s National Archtop
Squier Classic Vibe '60s Tele
Squier Affinity Strat
Gibson Melody Maker
Vox AC-15
50s Stella Parlor Acoustic

MOAR FIRST ACT
I was there
Quote by dark&broken
Did you read my first post in here?

Yeah, I'm just trying not to reply to too many posts in here because with mental stuff it's not just an "OMG you're right!" situation. I gotta work things out and maybe see if I can get therapy and/or a professional diagnosis. This thread is really just so I can figure out what MIGHT be the problem, not what really IS the problem.

I do think you might be on to something, though.
Quote by iantheman
quit your job, become a traveling poet.

They have a name for that Jewels. Its called a bum.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Always outnumbered, never outgunned...
Quote by i have to pee
They have a name for that Jewels. Its called a bum.

Potayto Potahto.
I think we took too many drugs when we were kids,
'cause now we like to make
Weird Music
-Wayne Coyne