so my brother has an amp tech near houston, yes i'm a southern boy, but i listen to just about everything...

anyway, he's amazing, he can completely rebuild amps that have been modded to factory originals, same tubes, everything

well about two years ago he was thinking about starting to build custom amps, the ONE that he made had 4 channels...

what he did was he had worked on so many amps that he essentially wrote down EXACTLY how many famous amps were made, jcm 800, 6505+, dual rec, fender bassman, etc,

so he said you could just tell him what 4 channels you wanted and he would recreate the preamps of whatever amps you wanted, so his flagship had a dual rec preamp, a fender double verb, jcm 800 and i think an orange something or other, don't remember, and it wasn't just one channel of each, it was the WHOLE preamp,

it could be 50-120 watts with whatever power tubes you wanted, even switchable for extra, and that's not even the amazing part...

it could do dual tone, so if you had to cabs, one could run the jcm 800 while the other did the dual rec, he also said he had tried something similar with another prototype where EACH PREAMP HAD IT'S OWN EFFECTS LOOP but he said it was too much of a pain and not worth it

ready to order yet? well too bad, he's so swamped with repairs and such that he said that he won't make any, for quite a while at least... doesn't that suck?
Ibanez RG5EX1
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey XXX-->Avatar 4X12(2 V30's 2 G12H30's)

BARE KNUCKLE PUPS RULE!
Quote by gumbilicious
thanks for making an old dude feel like his advice is actually taken into consideration
Cool story brah...
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']Just because a daewoo dealership has a tune-up service doesn't mean that the ****ers know what they're doing (no offense to anyone who drives a daewoo. pleas don't torture your little one cylinder engines to mow my lawn and bump into me)
that sounds ok but i bet it will cost over $2000 bucks.
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Sounds very interesting, but I'd rather him come up with his own designs than do one amp with a bunch of already-made preamps...

Who knows, he could be the next Alexander Dumble or Ken Fischer.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
yes, that would be cool. it's kinda similar to what Randall does on some of their heads. but they would be:
1. expensive
2. big and heavy
3. possibly unbalanced, volume wise
4. possibly a pain to repair
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
i think the quote for flagship model, the only one he made was like 1600-1800 USD, but since it was his only one it wasn't for sale, still, 4 amps for roughly the price of one, and with dual tone, that's bad***
Ibanez RG5EX1
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey XXX-->Avatar 4X12(2 V30's 2 G12H30's)

BARE KNUCKLE PUPS RULE!
Quote by gumbilicious
thanks for making an old dude feel like his advice is actually taken into consideration
I dunno about that. Personally I'd rather have separate amps for all of those instead of daisy-chained switchable preamps.

I also shudder at the idea of having to wire up 4 separate loops with midi switching. That'd be a right mess.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
I doubt he'd wnat to make them for that little...that's a lot of work for $1800. I'm selling a 3 channel that is similar to that general idea. I'm charging $3K, and the amp is going to be 30" wide, 10" deep, and weigh a crapton. It's probably going to take me a month worth of evenings and weekends to build, and I'm not going to turn much on the labor of it...
Quote by kcdakrt
DLrocket89 makes my ug experience better!

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

Kit Amp Building Tutorial
Last edited by DLrocket89 at Jun 27, 2009,
Each having their own effects loop doesn't sound fun... what if you want to use a pedal something on 2 different channels? Sure you could buy a second one but what if it was an expensive pedal? That's really my only problem with that idea...

Anyway, sounds a bit like the Randall MTS series?