Hey guys,

i just found this little "Spy listening device" toy, not unlike these

and thought to myself `Could i make use of this?`

so, as i have NO experience with circuit boards, i ask you, could i use the actual circuitry from one of these (which i will put pictures of up in a minute, once i find the camera) to make a small amplifier, or mod it to make a distortion circuit for a guitar?

Thanks

T7
I doubt you could make a Distortion pedal out of it but its possible you can turn it into a miniamp.
Quote by letsgocoyote
No I'm not Jesus. I would aspire to be though. I think under circumstances he would let you pay less if you needed to.
This reminds me of the Gameboy sound card to the Pickup thread a while back...
1987 Ibanez Jem 777LNG #124
2012 Herc Fede PMC Jem
1987 Ibanez RG550 Road Flare Red-R
Marshall JCM-1 W/Lead 12 Cab.
Wampler, Ibanez, MXR, Morley Pedals
No, its not.
Ive seen this done with cassette players before, so im sure you can make maybe a headphone amp out of this.
Quote by letsgocoyote
No I'm not Jesus. I would aspire to be though. I think under circumstances he would let you pay less if you needed to.
Quote by Little_Buster
No, its not.
Ive seen this done with cassette players before, so im sure you can make maybe a headphone amp out of this.

It's probably possible, but I doubt it would sound too good, plus you could build a Ruby amp for about as much as one of those would cost anyway.
Quote by littlephil
It's probably possible, but I doubt it would sound too good, plus you could build a Ruby amp for about as much as one of those would cost anyway.

True, but i have the world's worst hand/eye co-ordination and can't solder circuit boards very well.

Plus, i found this...
Wait.
You would definately have to do some soldering, It wouldnt just be "Lets plug this up and see what happens" It would take some modfications.
Quote by letsgocoyote