that's very unique. Solid anything top at $250 is a good deal.

And who says you need the money to try out a guitar? I tried out an $800 breedlove 12 string at my "local" store one day without the intention of buying it...mainly because $800 is a lot to me, and I have a hard enough time restring a 6 string guitar...and keeping it in tune. But I bought some strings/picks so I didn't feel like a total freeloader.

All in all, I'd say that's a pretty sweet deal.
Quote by obeythepenguin
You win this thread. Pipe organs FTW.

Quote by ShadesOfGray
Let's take it one step further and add a slogan:

Big Bach is listening you!
Try as in , buy it :p because i highly doubt my guitarcenter will ever have that in stock..
Oh. I know what you mean, my store has only Takamine's, Ovations, Ibanez, Martin, Taylor and ONE breedlove...and fender...for acoustic that is. I have a very limited selection.

Maybe look up some youtube videos of that guitar?
Quote by obeythepenguin

Quote by ShadesOfGray

guitar center doesn't carry alvarez.

and yeah that does look like a pretty sweet deal. i've never seen that guitar before.
Is this a relatively new model? If so, a lot of the other online stores/stores that do youtube demos haven't gotten the guitar yet. I do know that I would love to hear how this thing sounds...
Quote by obeythepenguin

Quote by ShadesOfGray

Quote by clayonfire
Is this a relatively new model? If so, a lot of the other online stores/stores that do youtube demos haven't gotten the guitar yet. I do know that I would love to hear how this thing sounds...

It can't be too new. A review says "I have owned this guitar for 2 years." That review was posted in Jan of this year, so it's been out since at least 2007 (that is, assuming the reviewer is intelligent, which may or may not be so, haha).

Anyways, just because it's solid doesn't guarantee it's awesome, but it does seem like quite a great deal. I'd get it if I were in the market for something like that.
I'm not a Bible-thumper anymore. Realized I had a brain in '09.

I like guitars, running, and math.
If you do decide to buy it please tell me how it sounds. I've been looking for a guitar to take camping and I absolutely love the sound of my Oscar Schmidt which is solid mahogany, so I figure that Alvarez will sound about the same. The only difference between my guitar and that one is that mine has a satin finish and is a dreadnaught. So that should have a bass oriented sound, which is pretty good for what I want.
"The object of war is not to die for your country, it's to make the other bastard die for his" -General George S. Patton