I have to do a front page of a newspaper a couple of days after in D-Day invasion. Im almost completely finished, except one thing is annoying me. When I print it out, there is about a centimetere of blank space at the top and bottom of the page. In the print preview, it is totally full, this just appears once I print it.
Help?
Last edited by GoldfishMoon at Jun 26, 2009,
Quote by GoldfishMoon
I have to do a front page of a newspaper a couple of days after in D-Day invasion. Im almost completely finished, except one thing is annoying me. When I print it out, there is about a centimetere of blank space at the top and bottom of the page. In the print preview, it is totally full, this just appears once I print it.
Help?

Depends on your version of Word. If it's the newer one, with the tabs, then go to the Page Layout tab, then Margins, and then either Narrow or Custom Margins. For the older word (2003) then it'd probably be in page layout or something similar. Search around. Also, Computer Thread?
Quote by GoldfishMoon
I have 2003. I set the top and bottome margin to 0, it totally messed everything up.

Define "messed up." If it's just the formatting (stuff all jumbled around) then it should be relatively simple to slap it back into place. Otherwise, close and re-open the non-messed up save, and pehaps use the PrintScreen key to take pictures of the page, then paste it into Paint or Photoshop or whatever, then save as a .JPG, and then right-click the file> Print, and use the Windows Photo Printing Wizard to print it, and it will come out full-page.
Ive tried every option is the page layout section. I have removed headers and borders andeverything possible. When I print it out, it still comes out the same.
Quote by GoldfishMoon
Ive tried every option is the page layout section. I have removed headers and borders andeverything possible. When I print it out, it still comes out the same.

Quote by King Krapp
use the PrintScreen key to take pictures of the page, then paste it into Paint or Photoshop or whatever, then save as a .JPG, and then right-click the file> Print, and use the Windows Photo Printing Wizard to print it, and it will come out full-page.

Have you tried this?