YES!
I own this guitar.
1. Beautiful finishes (I have the STBC one)
2. I really like the EMG's in it, good tone.
3. Very smooth neck

I haven't really come across anything bad about this guitar. The only thing is the screws on the pickups seem to want to rust real easy, but remember, I live in Florida were it's 2,000% humidity. The pearl around it I think is beautiful.
Looks I would give this beast a 10

Playibility I would give it probably a 9, just because it's not a freakin PRS

Hardware, I would give a 9 as well, just because its not my exact want for a setup, (81's and 85's), but I love both the 81's and yes they are active

Both bridge and neck pickups serve their purposes with flying colors. Crunching distortions, clean and clear bybass tones, etc etc.

The tune locks are another thing that I would say is a huge +, keeps it in tune like crazy. Mine is in G# standard right now, hasn't gone out of tune AT ALL in like a month or 2, and this is without a floyd rose or anything.

Hope this helps
Buy it if you play metal.

NOTE: THE EMG 60 IN THE NECK HAS GREAT CLEANS. SO DON'T WORRY ABOUT GETTING GOOD CLEANS.
yes, get the vintage black one and swap the pickups. that thing is brilliant
Gear:

Jackson Mark Morton Dominion
Mesa Dual Rect 2 Channel
Marshall JCM900 1960 cab

Don't swap pickups. If you don't want EMGs (and don't let anyone tell you the EMG 60 cannot do cleans) then get the EC-1000 with Duncans.
Quote by mamosa

Don't swap pickups. If you don't want EMGs (and don't let anyone tell you the EMG 60 cannot do cleans) then get the EC-1000 with Duncans.

I say get the one with the best finish. Refinishing a guitar is much more expensive than changing pickups.
Quote by JELIFISH19
I say get the one with the best finish. Refinishing a guitar is much more expensive than changing pickups.

+1

Main Gear:
Schecter C-1 Classic
Line 6 Flextone III
Go with the Vintage Black one. Played it at guitar center and it was amazing. I might get one in the future
My Gear:

PRS Se Custom 24
Vox Vt 30
Esp Ltd C-301 Bass
Acoustic B100 Bass Amp
Morley Power Wah Bass Pedal
I bought a EC-1000 about 2 months back, and am fully satisfied with it. And the vintage black is just so damn sexy, even my grandma was impressed.
it went up £400 in value a few months back. Its not worth the price now i dont think
Quote by hell_monkey
Lmao pantera? you'd think obama listened to some tupac or something
I liked the neck on my EC1000 very much. It's feels full to the hands but definitely not chunky thick like Gibson necks. Very comfortable.

It's a quality line of guitar LTD has to offer. Their highest range, actually. There must be something with this line of guitar that makes me want to come back to it. Have gotten 3 of these things on my hand and I still want more
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Last edited by hminh87 at Jun 27, 2009,
Quote by hminh87
It's a quality line of guitar LTD has to offer. Their highest range, actually. There must be something with this line of guitar that makes me want to come back to it. Have gotten 3 of these things on my hand and I still want more

I hope you realize that LTD is the budget ESP.
Quote by BackDoorEntry
it went up £400 in value a few months back. Its not worth the price now i dont think

Where do you live?
Quote by JELIFISH19
I hope you realize that LTD is the budget ESP.

And you think I wouldn't know that?

I tried a ESP Eclipse II and compared it to EC1000. The LTD line has pretty high level in quality already but the Eclipse is on another level. But it comes with a higher price tag. Beside, EC1000 and Eclipse I/II are not exactly equipped with the same spec.

The Horizon series on the other hand. It's a completely different beast to tame. Quality on those is next to none. My next guitar will be one of those. They cost double than any Horizon LTD line but every cent extra on that thing I think is worth it. If I ever can set my hand on a Horizon Original series, oh my God!..
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

I'm looking at the red cherry finish. and right now I have 81 and 85's in my guitar. So I might just put those in the LTD if I get it.
-I wanna' get the eclipse 2, but I don't bleed money.