Page 1 of 3
This is a really touchy subject, but has anyone in the pit ever seriously thought about ending it all? Its been a while since I have. I'm really down lately, but not suicidal like I used to get. Everyone thinks I'm this really laid back happy dude without a care in the world. I've never really talked about these thoughts with anyone, I think I'd feel a bit better knowing other people are struggling with the same problems as me.
Suicide is a no-no.

I'm sure it's crossed a lot of people's minds, but never seriously
Oh f*ck it,
I'm gonna have a party.
I had the blankest year,
I watched life turn into a TV show.
It was totally weird.
Most people go through at least one stage like this during adolescence. I donno, it's hard but when you come out the other side you might be all the stronger because of the experience
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
You're all alone. Nobody else would ever consider killing themselves. Ever.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Always outnumbered, never outgunned...
Quote by Bluesrocker5150
I'd feel a bit better knowing other people are struggling with the same problems as me.

Don't worry. I'm sure they're out there.

i thought about suicide. i went dangerously close to going through with it too...then i realied life would get better, and it doesn't matter that life probably means nothing, at least I get to live it.

Think - smoking pot means nothing, but people still do it for enjoyment. Same with life...only you don't get high, its the experience i am talking about
Ibanez S7521qm 7 string
Ibanez S771pb
Fender Jaguar HH Special
PRS SE Custom 24 7 string
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Quote by Zaphikh
Don't worry. I'm sure they're out there.

i think that makes everyone with their "problems" feel like shyt right about now.
Ibanez S7521qm 7 string
Ibanez S771pb
Fender Jaguar HH Special
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
It happens, but if it gets worse, talk to someone. Talk to anybody. Just don't let it get out of control.
Guitar Player Since April 12th, 2005.
Guitar of Choice: Schecter S-1 Elite
Proud of His Two Warnings
Quote by nan0
Course.

why are you here? I thought you would have jumped off a cliff after that whole I hate my life thread
btw: i hate your life too, grow some balls
Quote by i have to pee
You're all alone. Nobody else would ever consider killing themselves. Ever.

you're so funny.

anyway, i tried one time, with booze and pills, and i apparently didn't do it right.
i took it all before i went to bed without telling anyone goodbye or anything...
i woke up the next morning with red eyes and a throbbing headache and a sore throat,
and i recall having the scariest dream of my life that night.

i pretty much appreciate life now.
Hard news, taken harder, don't look to me
Disappointed, we don't agree, I don't need your praise...
Quote by rtfk101
i think that makes everyone with their "problems" feel like shyt right about now.

+1

anyways, everyone thinks i'm really happy too. truth is, i'm quite a sad, lonely soul. =P
~Carl
i ask "what if?" quite often, but never contemplate actually doing it. if i do it, i want to go out in style. like Eugene in the movie "Wristcutters" who pours beer on his guitar onstage and causes an explosion. but if i feel to end my life ever, it would be because i feel complete, not that i'm depressed.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.

I hate **** like this. I always get the feeling that people believe if someone else out there is in a ****tier situation, no one else's problems matter. Well, they still do.
I'm sure most people have had times where they at least thought about ending it all. Only the pussies actually carry through with it though.
Gear:
'50s National Archtop
Squier Classic Vibe '60s Tele
Squier Affinity Strat
Gibson Melody Maker
Vox AC-15
50s Stella Parlor Acoustic

MOAR FIRST ACT
I was there
Quote by DoubleyouW
+1

anyways, everyone thinks i'm really happy too. truth is, i'm quite a sad, lonely soul. =P

You're not alone!

Oh f*ck it,
I'm gonna have a party.
I had the blankest year,
I watched life turn into a TV show.
It was totally weird.
Quote by Bluesrocker5150
This is a really touchy subject, but has anyone in the pit ever seriously thought about ending it all? Its been a while since I have. I'm really down lately, but not suicidal like I used to get. Everyone thinks I'm this really laid back happy dude without a care in the world. I've never really talked about these thoughts with anyone, I think I'd feel a bit better knowing other people are struggling with the same problems as me.

Mate, I've been there, and it's not a nice place. The best thing you can do, and I'm not shitting around like I normally do here, is to gather up your courage and see a psychiatrist or psychologist. They don't work for everyone, but they work for more people than not. I kept up the happy, laid-back thing for about 7 years, then I saw a psychiatrist, and now I'm the best I've been in years.

Seriously, if you're not into the medication thing, you still need to talk to people close to you. And although it's hard, the best people to talk to are proffessionals. Tell your parents as well, but having someone who is trained to help you, knows how to listen, and can give you suggestions or help, even if it's just techniques to regulate your mood, or an objective ear, does wonders.
Quote by smartalec007
why are you here? I thought you would have jumped off a cliff after that whole I hate my life thread

Seriously, are you so insecure with your sexuality that you have to be a dick to somebody that might have a problem?

ps, being a dick doesnt make yours any bigger.
i find that i think about suicide the most when i'm overwhelmed, not when i'm depressed. i find that i have control over my emotional state, and that i can handle depression. but i feel a lack of control sometimes for the things going on around me, and i don't want to deal with it sometimes. i'll think "suicide" for a second, but i realize it would be stupid, people need and love me, and it wouldn't be fair to them, and it really isn't that bad a situation i'm in.
Quote by AA00P
Quote by Seither2k

I hate **** like this. I always get the feeling that people believe if someone else out there is in a ****tier situation, no one else's problems matter. Well, they still do.

They're just trying to put things in perspective. If people in Africa aren't killing themselves because of the things they're going through, some depressed teenager in New York doesn't have good reason to do it.
I think you need to be 18 in Australia to get a gun, so I've still got one and a half years to make up my mind.
Quote by smartalec007

*reported* for dickishness
Quote by AA00P
I'm sure your not the only teenager who's ever had thoughts like that.

I've been struggling with very bad depression for about 2 years now. There were quite a few events in my life in those past 2 years that felt unbearable, and I've wanted to end it all on many occasions.

But the thing is, I lost my aunt due to suicide about a year and a half ago. I know what it feels like to lose someone you love to suicide, and I could NEVER put my loved ones through what she put my family through. I eventually realized that it is a very stupid thing to do.
tumblr | twitter | instagram
Quote by Rossenrot
Aig91 Atomizes Rossenrot Before Offering Mercy In Exchange For Wholesale Genuflection
Quote by Seither2k

i side with you now. touché
Ibanez S7521qm 7 string
Ibanez S771pb
Fender Jaguar HH Special
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Quote by StratPlayer15
go kill yourself now

wow your fucking cool

mhmm...suicide is very touchy brah, and yes, I have thought about it many times before myself. Thankfully I never could never bring myself to do it. Just remember your not the only one TS Things do get better.
Feel free to add me on STEAM: thesystemhasfailed
XBL tag: cbiggs18
I made a "Only suicide thread" once... >=[
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
Quote by Seither2k

I hate it too. Kind of makes me wish some governments would go over to Africa and annihilate the system of governments some of its countries have, as to finally do away with rebel factions that go under a blind eye and cause strife. Feeding the hungry only goes so far... you need to nip the problem in the root.

I never mentioned your problems didn't matter. I just think most of them are petty if the worst thing that comes your way is an existential crisis every now and then.
Last edited by Zaphikh at Jun 27, 2009,
Quote by Glen'sHeroicAct
They're just trying to put things in perspective. If people in Africa aren't killing themselves because of the things they're going through, some depressed teenager in New York doesn't have good reason to do it.

I think that only applies if you believe that there is ever a good reason to do it. I do understand the perspective thing, but it always just comes off like someone is telling another that their problems are meaningless.
Quote by Seither2k
It happens, but if it gets worse, talk to someone. Talk to anybody. Just don't let it get out of control.

thats probably the reason I'm depressed, I don't have any friends anymore. The clique I was in just kinda pushed me out, and I haven't been able to make any new ones for over a year now. If you don't like football or have a Bobby Hill haircut in my lil' hick town, there is no one to relate to...

and I feel guilty for being depressed, which sounds weird. I feel like as I white, middle class male with a home I don't deserve to be depressed.

idk, did anyone go to a health class and see some kind of social health/ mental health pyramid?
Quote by aig91

I could NEVER put my loved ones through what she put my family through.

Yeah, that's one of the reasons I'm still here.
I've been pretty down the past week or so, but not to the point of thinking of suicide.

I used to toy with the concept a lot when I was in high school. Not out of depression, just out of philosophy. Thinking about the ability to control whether I lived or died, thinking about different situations where it would look accidental, where it would take less effort, things like that.

It was almost kind of empowering, the idea that I could control my own death.

Of course, I went through the phase of depressed suicidal thoughts, too. But those were years ago.
I'd go with King Krapp's advice then. This may sound silly, but you can also talk to people on UG (as long as douchebag's like StratPlayer don't keep popping up). Hell, if you ever need anyone to talk to about whatever, throw a message my way.

Besides that, I'm useless. The only time I've been depressed is when I'm extremely bored, so I keep myself from being extremely bored. I've always got a guitar to play, book to read, story to write, or a TV show to watch.
Quote by coryklok
Yes, yes I have.

Get out. *reported*

I bet you love braggin' to the ladies about how you tattle on people on the internet.
Quote by ESPplayer5150
I loled
Quote by thankyougermany
I made a "Only suicide thread" once... >=[

sorry man, I did a search before I made this one...
Page 1 of 3