Page 1 of 2
I bought a 120 watt Line 6 Spider 3 about a year and half ago. At first I loved it, but then I joined a band and I realized that at the volume I now need it to go, it sucks. Is there an amp you guys suggest I trade this thing in for and get instead.

I have a PRS SE Singlecut, and I play a lot of metal like Mastodon, ISIS, Neurosis, with some blues every once in a while.
Son, what you need is a Marshall MG100HDFX Halfstack. You know it's gotta be good, since Zakk Wylde uses them on stage.

you have my sympathies, friend.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']Son, what you need is a Marshall MG100HDFX Halfstack. You know it's gotta be good, since Zakk Wylde uses them on stage.

Haha, I know those suck too.
But, thanks.
Quote by Pac_man0123
I'd recommend selling it on craigslist or something, as you'll get more money than trading it in.

Then i'd recommend you look into Bugera and Peavey amps.

Thanks man, I'll give it a shot.
120watts!??!?!?!?!?
CALL ME JOHN

MARSHALL JCM 2000 Amp head/Cab
White Synyster Custom 1/100
Rest of my rig on my profile!

Don't acknowledge right, just dwell on...

...Wrong.

This spot in Hell...

...Is where I belong
Quote by IbanezRGS
120watts!??!?!?!?!?

i think he's mistaken. last i knew, the spider III came with 1.21 jiggawatts

but seriously, i used to own a ****ty spider II and i feel your pain
Gear:

Epiphone Thunderbird
Custom P Bass (in the works)
Fender Rumble 100
Quote by kornfire15
I bought a 120 watt Line 6 Spider 3 about a year and half ago. At first I loved it, but then I joined a band and I realized that at the volume I now need it to go, it sucks. Is there an amp you guys suggest I trade this thing in for and get instead.

I have a PRS SE Singlecut, and I play a lot of metal like Mastodon, ISIS, Neurosis, with some blues every once in a while.

I would suggest trying for a Peavy.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']Son, what you need is a Marshall MG100HDFX Halfstack. You know it's gotta be good, since Zakk Wylde uses them on stage.

Doesn't he use them in his instructional videos?
Quote by Alex Vik
Doesn't he use them in his instructional videos?

Zakk Wylde has instructional videos?
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by mmolteratx
Zakk Wylde has instructional videos?

Well, I looked some up on YouTube, and they're called instructional videos, but usually it's 3 minutes 30 seconds of him playing stuff, then 30 seconds of him talking.
Quote by Alex Vik
Well, I looked some up on YouTube, and they're called instructional videos, but usually it's 3 minutes 30 seconds of him playing pinched harmonics , then 30 seconds of him talking.

Fixed.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
ya dude, like a Peavey JSX half stack, those things are insane
Quote by vulcan422
i wish i could see Children Of Bodom agen
Quote by red157
Granted. But you have to endure support by the Miley Cyrus, Jonas Brothers and a steaming turd.

1. Death
2. Children Of Bodom
3. Metallica
4. Megadeth
5. Pantera
6. Cannibal Corpse
You should look around for used stacks. I'm pretty sure you could get one that would be loud enough if you sell the and spend a bit.

Ibanez K5
Warwick Rockbass Vampyre 4

Line 6 Bass Pod XT Live
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Dont expect to get alot for trade on that amp at any music store. You might be able to pawn it off on somebody on craigslist.
Quote by Flying Couch
Craigslist it. Take the money from the sale, save a bit, find a used 5150 combo.

^ this
Totally off topic here. VictorinoX, is your name related at all to the Swiss knife company?
Quote by Vlasco
Totally off topic here. VictorinoX, is your name related at all to the Swiss knife company?

It's from the company that owns the subsidiary that produces the knife, yes. But I didn't choose the name because of the knife. I have to wear cologne and appear "professional" for my job, so I was wearing "Swiss Army" cologne for a while, which is made by Victorinox. I was looking for a screen name one day, turned the cologne box over, and here I am

Quote by azn_guitarist25
^what this guy said

^ I agree with him
Last edited by [VictorinoX] at Jun 27, 2009,
I actually got it from my kitchenware. I couldn´t remember why I knew that name until I got back to Germany and looked at my dinner knife which said: Victorinox Switzerland

Then I was like AHA
Quote by Vlasco
I actually got it from my kitchenware. I couldn´t remember why I knew that name until I got back to Germany and looked at my dinner knife which said: Victorinox Switzerland

Then I was like AHA

Lol, you were dead-on about the company
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']^ this
Quote by azn_guitarist25
^what this guy said

[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']
^ I agree with him
Quote by azn_guitarist25
^i think you should do what this guy says

I agree with this feller here!
Quote by azn_guitarist25
^i think you should do what this guy says

^ That's good advice

Quote by Vlasco
I agree with this feller here!

Couldn't have said it better myself.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
we are agreeing to get the ts to buy the marshall mg stack right guys?

No, we're agreeing to have him sell the Spider on CL and use the money for a 51...... You know what? We ARE convincing him to buy an MG Stack. I mean, who wouldn't want the CRUSHING OVERDRIVE, BRUTAL DISTORTION, BRUTALLY CRUSHING OVERDRIVE, and CRUSHINGLY BRUTAL DISTORTION, with built in digital effects!?
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']with built in digital effects!?

omfg that makes the amp!

And the crushingly brutal distortion, I could do away with all those other OD channels...
Quote by Vlasco
omfg that makes the amp!

It must be what sold Zakk on it, since he loves to saturate his tone with Chorus. Now he doesn't even need the Boss Pedal, he can just have all that chorus at the turn of a knob....God, I'd make a good salesmen for this ****. I feel dirty all over.
man all this talk of mg makes me want to buy one....built in fx i mean how awesome if i want effects on my fireball i have to go through my gmajor
Quote by azn_guitarist25
man all this talk of mg makes me want to buy one....built in fx i mean how awesome if i want effects on my fireball i have to go through my gmajor

It has built-in reverb, chorus, delay, AND phaser effects. It's amazing for that saturated, sterile tone.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']It has built-in reverb, chorus, delay, AND phaser effects. It's amazing for that saturated, sterile tone.

holy **** chorus delay AND phaser :O this is like the perfect amp. i hope it comes in combo form
Quote by azn_guitarist25
holy **** chorus delay AND phaser :O this is like the perfect amp. i hope it comes in combo form

Oh but it does. And for only $399.99 of your hard earned money,YOU CAN OWN ONE TOO
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']Oh but it does. And for only $399.99 of your hard earned money,YOU CAN OWN ONE TOO

see kids this is why you should never trust salesman....especially if they name themselves after cologne brands
Quote by azn_guitarist25
see kids this is why you should never trust salesman....especially if they name themselves after cologne brands

Lol. I feel dirty all over for this tomfoolery.
DONT SELL IT!!!

unless you really need the cash. keep it as a practice amp when you travel places. that's what I do with my MG15. it was the first amp I ever got and I still use it for bedroom practice.
Quote by ghiyath
DONT SELL IT!!!

unless you really need the cash. keep it as a practice amp when you travel places. that's what I do with my MG15. it was the first amp I ever got and I still use it for bedroom practice.

MG15 =/= 120W 2x12 amp
Page 1 of 2