My friend has a Precision style bass. The Strings are too close to the frets. It's touching the frets. Also on the E string if you look at it up and down the neck along the frets it's uneven some of it is closer to the edge and some further.
What can we do? Thanks in advance
Quote by InvaderTSN
I think your neck may need adjusting.

Also try adjusting the action.

No. The truss rod (which adjusts your neck) is NOT a majic action changing wand. The truss rod is there for one purpose and one purpose only. To keep your neck flat (well, it shouldnt be 100% flat, but you know what Im sayin)

Once your relief is where you like it, then you change the action by raising/lowering the saddles. After that, you may have to move the saddles forward/back to reintonate.

If this is your first time trying this, then dont. Bring it to a pro and have them let you watch once first. Messing with your truss rod and saddles can mess up your bass beyond repair if your nervous and dont know what your doing.
Quote by tubatom868686
No. The truss rod (which adjusts your neck) is NOT a majic action changing wand. The truss rod is there for one purpose and one purpose only. To keep your neck flat (well, it shouldnt be 100% flat, but you know what Im sayin)

Once your relief is where you like it, then you change the action by raising/lowering the saddles. After that, you may have to move the saddles forward/back to reintonate.

If this is your first time trying this, then dont. Bring it to a pro and have them let you watch once first. Messing with your truss rod and saddles can mess up your bass beyond repair if your nervous and dont know what your doing.

My comment was aimed at the uneven fret thing, which I assume is some sort of bowing.