hey anyone no what the tempo for master of puppets is. Im wana no so i can build my downpick speed up to it eventually. I hear that is is 220? I dont think it is right though.
I'd say about 210, the spider riff being in eighth notes. But it wouldn't hurt to be able to play it at 220.
k thanks now to practice most summer downpicking >.<
ya the guitar pro version i have says 212 bpm but building your speed up to 220 wouldnt hurt...good luck man
Top Bands
- Guns N Roses
- Death
- Jimi Hendrix Experience
- Led Zeppelin
- The Black Dahlia Murder

" I'M THE ONE THAT HAS TO DIE WHEN IT'S TIME FOR ME TO DIE, SO LET ME LIVE MY LIFE, THE WAY I WANT TO."

- Jimi Hendrix
ya, its 220. if downpicking it is too hard, try up, down, down. thats the way i play it, and it allows me to play it any speed i want. if you play it just right, you can't hear the difference.

good luck.
"If A is a success in life, then A equals x + y + z. Work = x; y = play; and z = keeping your mouth shut."
--Einstein

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
--Einstein
Quote by JKMV11
ya, its 220. if downpicking it is too hard, try up, down, down. thats the way i play it, and it allows me to play it any speed i want. if you play it just right, you can't hear the difference.

good luck.

There is a difference in sound between picking it all down, and alternative, but then again no one can force you play it all down. If alt picking's more comfortable - go for it.
Gear:
Electric
2008 Epiphone G400 Heritage CherryFUBAR
2008 Ibanez GRG 170 DX
2009 Cort KX1Q
2011 LTD H 351 NT
Randall RG 50 TC
Ernie Ball 11-54
Acoustic
Dean Markley
Dunlop 10's
Quote by fantasyh
There is a difference in sound between picking it all down, and alternative, but then again no one can force you play it all down. If alt picking's more comfortable - go for it.

Meh I disagree;

It's like telling a race driver to sacrifice speed for comfort, by putting in heavy cushioned seats.

Sound IMO should be the most important factor to decide anything in music.

Alternate picking for this sounds to "swingy" (for the lack of a better word).

Downpicking gives it that aggressive/energetic pulse.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Last edited by xxdarrenxx at Jun 27, 2009,
I´ve heard plenty of people alternate pick without losing a downpicking sound. It´s all about absolute rhythmic accuracy and having equal angles going up and down. It´s never exact but you could get close enough that no one would ever notice unless they watched you.
Quote by xxdarrenxx
Meh I disagree;

It's like telling a race driver to sacrifice speed for comfort, by putting in heavy cushioned seats.

Sound IMO should be the most important factor to decide anything in music.

Alternate picking for this sounds to "swingy" (for the lack of a better word).

Downpicking gives it that aggressive/energetic pulse.

maybe downpicking will sound better, but i don't think i can physically do it. but i can effectively alternate pick it. this give me greater control over speed and accuracy. it doesn't sound sloppy/swingy to me. it depends on how its muted and picked.

sound is very important in deciding how to play, but some people physically can't downpick the entire riff. or maybe its just me. i feel like when i try to downpick it, it sounds "clunky" and too "forced." i guess i just can't downpick that fast. maybe if i practice i will be able to play it. but there is a very minute difference b/t downpicking something like that and alt picking it; alt picking allows me to control the speed so i can concentrate on the other aspects of my technique, like muting, attack/articulation, and fingering.

i think i will stick with alt picking the riff, but i will try to practice down picking it as well. but i think alt picking will win in the end.
"If A is a success in life, then A equals x + y + z. Work = x; y = play; and z = keeping your mouth shut."
--Einstein

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
--Einstein