I'm a complete noob when it comes to recording. Anyways, I downloaded the free trial for Guitar Rig 3. I'm wondering what I need to record (ie what do I need to interface my guitar with my PC?).

Thanks!
guitar/bass -> guitar cable -> mic port on your computer (i dont recomend this way at ALL!)

the other way you can do it is with an interface, it was the best investment i ever made
5150 III 100W, Mesa 4x12 Cab, Framus Cobra Cab, M-Audio Profire 610, ISA One Pre, SC607-b, Equator D5's, Countryman Type 85 Di box, Radial JCR, Superior Drummer, SSD 4 Ex, TS9, NS-2 and the list goes on and on
no you do not need a interface. all you need is a adapter to put on the end of your standard guitar cable and plug it into the line in input on your computer.
Quote by Tig Bitties
guitar/bass -> guitar cable -> mic port on your computer (i dont recomend this way at ALL!)

the other way you can do it is with an interface, it was the best investment i ever made

what this guy said
You like it
there is no point in wasting a lot of money on a interface yet until you know you are pleased with how the program sounds. all i know is i record through the line in/mic in input and have to double my guitar at least 3 times to get a chunky heavy tone. i once doubled it 11 times.
Quote by muckypup
there is no point in wasting a lot of money on a interface yet until you know you are pleased with how the program sounds. all i know is i record through the line in/mic in input and have to double my guitar at least 3 times to get a chunky heavy tone. i once doubled it 11 times.

half-ignore this one...

yeah, play with the demo and make sure you like it and yabba yabba...

but, if you want good recordings you'll most certainly need an interface, mic/line input in computers tend to... lag a bit, to be gentle in saying it.
You like it