So how about this.
My band got asked to play a show in my hometown with From First to Last.
I'm going to be out of town.
We can't play the show.

I'm really pissed off about it.
I don't really like their music, but it's a huge show.

I'm thinking about cancelling the trip I'm going on just to be able to play the show.

What would you do?

EDIT:
The trip has been planned for a year. We got asked to play the show last night.

Also, check out our band at http://www.myspace.com/autumntrace1
Last edited by rockownsyou at Jun 27, 2009,
cool story bro
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children
Depends, which is more important to you?
"When words fail, music speaks"

Gamertag - Acoustickk

Call me Vincent
sounds like you have a future ahead of you.

GO GET EM TIGER.

(nah I just dont give a ****)
Quote by PinoyxRockar
Depends, which is more important to you?

This.

And also, I thought this was going to be a FML thread with major misspellings in the title.

Congrats, anyways.
My Last.fm
USA Fender Stratocaster | Roland Cube 60 | VOX ToneLab LE
Kids these days really need to learn that threads are like Jeopardy answers. They should be in the form of questions.

What kind of trip could possibly be more important than opening a show for a band that people have actually heard of?
Who are FFTL?
Play with them, who knows, it could be your band's big break!
♪♫♪
92% percent of the teen population would be dead if Hollywood said it wasn't cool to breathe anymore.
Put this in your signature if you are one of the 92% who wouldn't be breathing.
Quote by rockownsyou
It's not really that important. I haven't paid yet, but I'd be seeing a lot of friends that I'd only see once a year.

Guess you just have to decide which is more important. Personally, I'd go with the show.
Maybe postpone the trip, if that's possible? That show will probably be huge and is probably a pretty rare opportunity. Friends are important, but if you can go another time, I'm sure they'll understand
Quote by D&DLover
Maybe postpone the trip, if that's possible? That show will probably be huge and is probably a pretty rare opportunity. Friends are important, but if you can go another time, I'm sure they'll understand

This would be the only time I would be able to go, is at that time.
Go on the trip, I'll be your fill in, personally i'd cancell the trip, but I fucking love From First To Last.
I'm really jelous dude.
It really depends on when you go on.

My band opened up for As Blood Runs Black, Born of Osiris, Walls of Jericho ,and stuff. We had the best spot for a local band, and there was still hardly anyone there until the much bigger bands started going on. Because of that we really didn't get anything out of it other than bragging rights.

I'm not saying the same t;hing will happen in your case, but you might want to keep the possibility in mind.
So fell Lord Perth...

... And the countryside did shake with that thunder.
Quote by qotsa_e
Go on the trip, I'll be your fill in, personally i'd cancell the trip, but I fucking love From First To Last.
I'm really jelous dude.

Do it.

Quote by ixKilledxKenny
It really depends on when you go on.

My band opened up for As Blood Runs Black, Born of Osiris, Walls of Jericho ,and stuff. We had the best spot for a local band, and there was still hardly anyone there until the much bigger bands started going on. Because of that we really didn't get anything out of it other than bragging rights.

I'm not saying the same t;hing will happen in your case, but you might want to keep the possibility in mind.

Well, our band is pretty much the biggest "local" band. We have a huge fan base, and we draw a crowd of at least two hundred whenever we play in town.
You can check us out here.

myspace.com/autumntrace1

We're completely changing Genres though.
Hardcore is so lame.
We're going for more of an Explosions in the Sky/As Cities Burn sound. No more screaming. haha.
Take the gig, that'd be a dream come true to me.
Quote by Zinnie
god placed the fossils in earth to confuse the humans into thinking that earth is older than it actually is, therefore, making men try and think outside the box....

just kidding, there is no god

www.youtube.com/user/andrew12398
Quote by rockownsyou
Do it.

Well, our band is pretty much the biggest "local" band. We have a huge fan base, and we draw a crowd of at least two hundred whenever we play in town.
You can check us out here.

myspace.com/autumntrace1

We're completely changing Genres though.
Hardcore is so lame.
We're going for more of an Explosions in the Sky/As Cities Burn sound. No more screaming. haha.

Yeah your bands quite a bit bigger than ours.

Well if that's the case, then playing this show really has the potential to help you increase your fanbase.

I say go for it.
So fell Lord Perth...

Quote by ixKilledxKenny
Yeah your bands quite a bit bigger than ours.

Well if that's the case, then playing this show really has the potential to help you increase your fanbase.

I say go for it.

haha.

I am leaning towards not going, and dissapointing my friends.

It's a huge opportunity musically, plus it'd be a great opportunity to promote my solo EP release show.

Thanks for the advice brother!
Quote by rockownsyou
haha.

I am leaning towards not going, and dissapointing my friends.

It's a huge opportunity musically, plus it'd be a great opportunity to promote my solo EP release show.

Thanks for the advice brother!

No problem.

Hopefully you can meet up with your other friends later on.
So fell Lord Perth...

Never heard of them, but I guess if they're popular you should play, you'd be letting your band down a ton by not being there.
They suck, but do what you gotta do to get exposure, even if it means playing alongside ****ty bands.
Quote by rockownsyou
They really do suck.
But they are hugeeeeee.

Hey as long as you're not compromising your own sound, do it. It could turn alot of people onto a new thing rather than the emo ****. Good luck with whatever it is you decide to do. *thumbs up*