This is a song i just wrote it is mostly instrumental and has a gloomy feel for most of it. i dont know what sub genre itd be called i was originally going for thrash but it changed in style. and it dont have drums for most of the song so i would greatly appreciate if someone would help me with the drums because nothing comes to mind for a rhythm. Critique plz thanks in advance.
Attachments:
bloody butcher.gp5
Rattle Your Goddamn Head!
They're going to tell you this is in the wrong thread. SO you may want to repost it under Riffs and Recordings > Original Recordings. I'll see you there.
XBL GamerTag = IAmSentient6

My gear:
Ibanez Artist
ESP ltd Viper 200
Schecter Diamond 8

Amps:
Marhshall MG30 (for sale)
Line 6 Spider III Half Stack (mine forever)
Interested in Melodic Thrash Metal? ALUSTRIUM AND LAST NAIL DRIVEN!
Ps: I'll critique what you have and even help/write the drum track for you, provided you check out my stuff.

My gear:
Ibanez Artist
ESP ltd Viper 200
Schecter Diamond 8

Amps:
Wow. After Looking around, I feel like a huge Dick. This is TABS and chords... and I've been posting in the wrong spot, not you. Haha. Damn. Well, on my profile is my AIM. Send me an IM, and I'll get your email from you and send you the version with drums.

My gear:
Ibanez Artist
ESP ltd Viper 200
Schecter Diamond 8

Amps:
Quote by CaRveItiNbass
Well, on my profile is my AIM. Send me an IM, and I'll get your email from you and send you the version with drums.

you can just post it in this thread
I could.. But i need to see where you want to put drums, etc. I'll be reposting my songs in here while I wait, I guess

My gear:
Ibanez Artist
ESP ltd Viper 200
Schecter Diamond 8

Amps:
Intro was cool. Riffs are good. First solo is way out of key though. Second one is better.
Ending was very abrubt and didn't fit.

Not sure why your drums weren't a percussion track though :\

Since it's also 1am here and i'm bored, i did a little of the drum track for you. Hopefully it'll give you some ideas for what to do later. Give me your email and i'll send it to you
Check out my band Disturbed
My browser crashed and i couldnt get back on ug or the internet for a while so i came up with a drum track and a new ending. i think its better so take a look hope ya like it. And i had to cut the first 4 bars of the intro so it would fit onto UG.

Here It is.
Attachments:
bloody butcher drums.gp5
You could've just zipped it, you know?

My gear:
Ibanez Artist
ESP ltd Viper 200
Schecter Diamond 8

Amps:
I liked the use of 5/4 in the intro to keep things a bit more interesting. Other than that, it was good. I can't really think of anything else to say. Some of the parts reminded me of Metallica but I'm sure that's not a bad thing. Good job. Some of the riffs seems like they would be a hassle to play with the fast chord switches but oh well.
Sorry, forgot you had commented on one of mine a long while ago... anyway, here it goes:

Intro - pretty okay; the rhythm guitar mimicks the acoustic almost entirely but it comes out with an interesting sound. Bass is kinda annoying with only 8th notes

Pre-Verse/Verse 1 - typical trashy stuff. Sounds right, nothing to point out

Interlude - probably my favourite part, nice progression. The dissonant bassline from bar 36 onwards takes some time to get used to but I think it works in a way.

Solo - No real sense of "phrasing" (i.e. creating melodic lines within the solos) made this sound like mindless shred, didn't really like it

Post-Solo/Interlude 2 - more simple thrashy riffs, I liked that you introduced a variation to the first interlude.

Verse 2/Main Solo - again the same problem with soloing. You make up some shreddy stuff in E minor, somewhat disregarding the riffing going on (for example, there's quite a bit of note-clashing in the first licks of verse 2, because there's F# minor and other stuff going on in the riff that clash with the E-minor solo)... well, it doesn't sound good.

Still, Main Solo manages to sound ok (mainly because the riff doesn't leave E minor so much)

I'm no expert at this kind of song, but I'd definitely say work on those solos - the rest seemed ok, even if it's nothing groundbreaking.