If you dig Thrash and Melodic Death (old school Metallica and arch Enemy), then you most definitely NEED to check out these songs. If you have guitarpro, then you're in for a goddamn treat. If you don't you can still enjoy my band's first two songs off our debut, but it's the midi audio, so it may be awkward.

In addition to that, if you want to hear Oblivion Rising recorded with instruments and vocals (as well as a few other songs, check out our MySpace: www.myspace.com/hailtomadness.

We'd definitely appreciate an add and a comment. Keep it metal!
Attachments:
INTRO.zip
OBLIVION RISING.zip
XBL GamerTag = IAmSentient6

My gear:
Ibanez Artist
ESP ltd Viper 200
Schecter Diamond 8

Amps:
Marhshall MG30 (for sale)
Line 6 Spider III Half Stack (mine forever)
Interested in Melodic Thrash Metal? ALUSTRIUM AND LAST NAIL DRIVEN!
Last edited by CaRveItiNbass at Jun 27, 2009,
it was fine until someone puked and farted all over the microphone
Gear:

Epiphone Thunderbird
Custom P Bass (in the works)
Fender Rumble 100
Yeah the singing sucked... I thought wow you guys are really goo... oh nevermind
Yeah. Everything except that song was done in one shot, except for the vocals. But I mean, if you heard us live, the vocals totally fit. They're definitely better than those of our last singer. Would you rather have THAT or a panther hissing?

My gear:
Ibanez Artist
ESP ltd Viper 200
Schecter Diamond 8

Amps:
Quote by CaRveItiNbass
Yeah. Everything except that song was done in one shot, except for the vocals. But I mean, if you heard us live, the vocals totally fit. They're definitely better than those of our last singer. Would you rather have THAT or a panther hissing?

remind me, what does a panther hiss sound like? like a kitten hissing turned up to 11?

lol i'm just confused as to what you meant.
Gear:

Epiphone Thunderbird
Fender Rumble 100
Okay.. Think back to every movie or cartoon when a Jaguar or a Panther would show up. Something that sounds along the lines of WAAOOWW, but in a really harsh and displeasing, startling manner.

Personally, I like the vocals. At band practice, I always have a smile on my face...
However, on a RockBand mic on a ****ty laptop with Audacity.. doesn't sound so great.

In any case, we'll have professional recordings come the end of the summer.

My gear:
Ibanez Artist
ESP ltd Viper 200
Schecter Diamond 8

Amps:
ok i'm thinking jungle book growls and stuff lol. still, that'd have to be entertaining, at the least.

however, i was a little off put since you put old school metallica as one of the 'sounds like' criteria in your original post and what i heard was..... not that. Idk, i guess i'm just not into the whole growl and scream and rip out your vocal chords thing, i'm more into the whole comprehension, clarity, and musical aspect of actual singing.
Gear:

Epiphone Thunderbird
Fender Rumble 100
Yeah. Say that to the genres we're trying to fit into, you know? Well... not really trying to. Just being forced to. We can only play with the melodic death metal bands in DE and occasionally Maryland, but there's never anyone with clean vocals. And we don't really think clean vocals would really fit the music, so this does. The music, however, is something completely different from the scene as a whole. Noone sits down and plans out their music on guitar pro. Everyone just gathers in a room and jams to what sounds cool.

The end result of that is a few verses of chugging, predictable chord changes, and half-asses solos (if any).

We were thinking of changing to thrashy vocals like Slayer, but I'd rather just compromise for a mix of the two. I dislike Slayer.

My gear:
Ibanez Artist
ESP ltd Viper 200
Schecter Diamond 8

Amps:
i'm kind of saddened with the direction of 'hard rock' or 'metal' as of late. it seems that just about everyone does, like you said, few verses of chugging, predictable chord changes, and half assed solos (if any) and just growls over top of it because singing clearly (but not necessarily cleanly, mind you) takes time, work, and dedication. Not bashing you guys at all, i liked the music apart from the vocals. I just think it's a stale, ****ty formula reminiscent of hair metal (although i do indulge my guilty pleasure of dokken and motley crue from time to time). it's like everyones so focused on their image and how hardcore they are or just getting as many generic and uncreative songs out as possible it's no longer about making actual music. This is why i hate the music industry. Indie labels ftw!

but seriously, ditch the growly BS and write some sensible lyrics. have someone with half a talent and a pocket full of determination sing them COHERENTLY (with maybe a bit of fire in their voice) and you'll be damn well set.

plus, screw what everyone else in the state is playing. if all the local bands want to tailor to the "local standard" then let them, but don't let that stifle your creativity.
Gear:

Epiphone Thunderbird
Fender Rumble 100
I agree with you about hair metal, but I do loves me some glam from time to time. The most guitar focused stuff you could ever find (apart from the ballads, ew). See the thing is, we have a chemistry. Noone in the entire state can have clean singing with any balls to it, you know? So you'll just have to wait until we have better recordings to fully appreciate the music.
Til then, our bassist/vocalist stays. We work best and most efficiently as a 4 piece, and we don't want to bring in anymore ego than we already have.

Besides, if you heard it live, you'd have a different opinion, for the most part. If only there were a way to capture that sound for everyone that isn't at a show to hear... hm. I'll talk to the mixer at the next gig and see if anyone does live recordings right out of the mix. That'd be perfect. But eventually, we'll have to sit down and record. Which is never fun.

My gear:
Ibanez Artist
ESP ltd Viper 200
Schecter Diamond 8

Amps:
when you say no one in the entire state has ballsy singing... what do you mean exactly? like you haven't found anyone? or that type of person simply doesn't exist within state borders? i find the latter a little hard to believe. it may just be that there's a shortage of ball-laden singers in your area, which was really the case in my old bands situation. there were a lot of people singing in the area, just a bunch of choir girls and boys and we weren't running an opera, if you know what i mean. Plus, the local music scene in my area is very churchy and christian rock crap which helps me to understand your guys pain a bit, as it's hard to land a gig in a church dropping f bombs and and covering "the number of the beast" by iron maiden. but that hasn't stopped me from doing my own thing. i'm currently looking for a band to play bass for but i don't want any bubblegum powerpop gay **** or 'i love you jesus yes i do!' crap either, i just want to play raw and heavy rock n roll.

and i'm sure i'd love it live, i normally only go to listen to the music anyways, since live you can't hear teh vocals too much (unless it's an acoustic set.... blah) i just like to hop around and hit people
Gear:

Epiphone Thunderbird
Fender Rumble 100
Last edited by iamwangzilla at Jun 27, 2009,
Yeah. Okay. Look at this like this. Delaware is divided into three counties in top to bottom: New Castle, Kent, and Sussex. New Castle is where THE if ANY metal scene is. Once you hit Sussex, you're essentially in a southern state (as in everyone wears forest camo and hats with fish hooks in them IN PUBLIC). The scene is good, but it is limited. And yes, there are no clean singers with any type of manliness to them in the entire state. The one that comes closest is in the next state over, and is in a full-time band and two side projects.

If anyone in the state has a shot of going big without being metal, it's a band that my friends started, called Masa Balia. They're not metal, but they're influenced by it.. and tool.. and everything. The end result is pure jizz captured on audio (not.. literally?).

Here ya go. Check them out. I posted a thread, but noone had the balls to comment on it. Send them an add. Love them. Forensic is a personal fave. I know how to play it because Zane showed me all the leads, and i figured out the chords by ear.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1150813

My gear:
Ibanez Artist
ESP ltd Viper 200
Schecter Diamond 8

Amps:
i checked them out. damn good band. if there were more of these bands in michigan i'd be a happy happy man.

but yea, keep on keepin on with your band. Like i said, i don't love the vocalist, but i've never seen you live so i can't be too quick to judge. just a clash of tastes, i suppose. but your music rocks and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! later
Gear:

Epiphone Thunderbird
Fender Rumble 100
Thanks, man. I really appreciate it. Good luck to whatever you do with your music, as well.

My gear:
Ibanez Artist
ESP ltd Viper 200
Schecter Diamond 8

Amps:
Aiight heres the deal.

I DO like the music (provided the sound quality does improve xD) but, having stated that i do like it already, i think 3/4 of your songs on your myspace sound...kind of the same...like..the drums and guitar always have the same type of sound you know...maybe its just me.

Keep doin it tho... i like! rate my stuff not in a band just GP files for now...

Mr.Seven 7
I like that song a lot, does give me a very Arch Enemy vibe, seeing as they are my favorite band is a good thing. The music is great, really good stuff.

But you do need new vocals, something a bit heavier I think would be good. Something kind of like a mix between Carcass screams and Decrepit Birth growls would fit well.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
I liked Oblivion Rising. I can't really offer a way to better it save for these two things: I didn't like how the drums played straight triplets during the chorus. That, and it ended really ubruptly.

The intro was good. Not really much else to say except it was good. Although I did have a bit of a stupid moment where I listened and with me just waking up, I heard it and thought "this is the same song but slower..." haha. Anyway, nice work man.
Better then alot of the bad -core stuff nowadays. I really liked the melodic parts, the thrashy parts were kind of stale, but TBH alot of thrash has been stale and overdone since the heydeys of the genre.

May I suggest you listen to the album The Red in The Sky is Ours - At The Gates, TC? It seems like you have alot of melodeath influence in your music, and thats one of the crowning gems of the genre, it might really inspire you. It did so for me.
Of course we listen to At The Gates, fool!

My gear:
Ibanez Artist
ESP ltd Viper 200
Schecter Diamond 8

Amps:
XD, good point. But I was asking if your had heard their first album TRITSIO or just worshiped Slaughter of the Suck, like most melodeath bands. Not that SoTS is bad really, its juts nohting compared to TRITSIO, IMO...
Quote by MadAudioMan
XD, good point. But I was asking if your had heard their first album TRITSIO or just worshiped Slaughter of the Suck, like most melodeath bands. Not that SoTS is bad really, its juts nohting compared to TRITSIO, IMO...

I enjoy all At The Gates equally.

Not many bands come to mind that have eras that are like.. "well here they focused on this, and were a completely different genre altogther, etc".

Very few come tom mind, with the exception of:

Machinehead,
Metallica,
and Children of Bodom.

My gear:
Ibanez Artist
ESP ltd Viper 200
Schecter Diamond 8

Amps:
Screw the haters your vocalist ain't too bad, plus why would you sing over that sorta metal if you don't want to, its about what you think fits. The song is pretty good overall for that stuff, you've got a good idea of harmony and everything flows well into the next section, i would suggest getting a better recording at some point though, I particularly liked the first verse, it was pretty bait but it sounds good man.

Crit my track?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1158325
Cheers man.
Watch out for FLOODS exploding onto the UK Deathcore scene this summer.
i dont know whats wrong..i dont lisen to death metal but i think the voice really fits the song.nice growls..sound a bit like dani filth on some ooold cof demos.keep it up mates!
Thanks, incubus. You're probably the first person like the vocals. Anyways, we ARE going to get better recordings, but I just hoped more people had guitar pro. It's whatever.

My gear:
Ibanez Artist
ESP ltd Viper 200
Schecter Diamond 8

Amps: