So I wrote this song for my band that will be on our first full length. It is the second song that I have ever written in Drop-D, and I'm pretty proud of it. I wanted to see if anybody had any opinions on it, besides the fact that it sounds very much like At the Gates, despite not being tuned two and a half steps down. I avoid writing in Drop D because i don't really explore the fretboard as much as I do in standard, but it's pretty good nonetheless. My track is Evan and my guitar solo is on the overdub, I believe (if you're looking at the guitar pro).

I'll crit anything you guys want to throw my way, as well.
myspace.com/hailtomadness
Attachments:
THE HUMAN CONDITION.zip
XBL GamerTag = IAmSentient6

My gear:
Ibanez Artist
ESP ltd Viper 200
Schecter Diamond 8

Amps:
Marhshall MG30 (for sale)
Line 6 Spider III Half Stack (mine forever)
Interested in Melodic Thrash Metal? ALUSTRIUM AND LAST NAIL DRIVEN!
Nothing terribly groundbreaking I don't think, but a pretty darn solid effort. Just the right combination of triplet-y stuff, pedal riffing, and tremolo picking that it suits my personal tastes.

-Intro: Good buildup into the song, sets the tone.
-Verse: Kinda reminds me of Unhallowed-era Black Dahlia Murder, which is totally At the Gates inspred.
-Pre-Chorus: It does what it needs to and continues the flow.
-Chorus: Simple, but effectively epic.
-Solo: Good stuff, and I really like how it flows right into the next chorus.
-Bridge: I'm a sucker for tremolo picking and blastbeats when done right, points for that.
Furthermore, I like the way you've structured the song. Flows quite well, was an enjoyable listen. Is this gonna be on your guys' album?
Defintely will be, man. Thanks for the crit, they're always appreciated.
So, been a while since I've chatted it up with you. Written anything good lately?

My gear:
Ibanez Artist
ESP ltd Viper 200
Schecter Diamond 8

Amps:
Sweet, I'm looking forward to it.

Yeah, I've more or less written 3 of 10 songs for my own thing. It's a slow process as I hone each song to completion.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=20484321#post20484321

Also, I spent a couple hours going through bands' friends lists on myspace and adding people at random, so I've bumped my views up several hundred and increased the number of people on my friends list by an order of magnitude (100 becomes 1000+ in days, man). Lol.
I spiffed up my profile a bit, the link is in my sig. You should take a look, or something.
Diggin' the new background picture on the profile for Hail to Madness, btw.
Thanks, man. My friend Jordan did it. He's a photoshop and HTML wiz, for sure. But yeah, that's cool. Keep it up. If all else fails, just move to Delaware. There's a pretty decent scene here, if you don't mind the waiting between gigs, you know? Haha

My gear:
Ibanez Artist
ESP ltd Viper 200
Schecter Diamond 8

Amps:
Bay Area CA, most of the local "metal" bands I see are metalcore/deathcore/emowhatever you wanna call it. I'm likely to be stuck just doing this as a recording thing only for quite some time, I can't find the people to get a whole band together to play live and whatnot. Ah well.
That's what I thought about Delaware. Then I just happened to renew connections with an old friend of 5 years that I remembered played bass (and was heavily influenced by iron maiden), he said "hey I know a drummer and a guitarist", and the rest is history. So talk to your friends? You never know what could happen.

My gear:
Ibanez Artist
ESP ltd Viper 200
Schecter Diamond 8

Amps:
Yeah here we go:

First riff was pretty good, definitely not the style I would normally listen to, but I likey.

Verse riff was pretty good too, I liked the harmonized notes.

You should add a crash for the drums on 106, it just sounds lame otherwise.

Some notes in the solo were out of key, I don't know if you meant them to be or not but they don't sound too great. The 12s on the B string should be 11s and the 11s on G should be 10s.

Repeating the chorus again at the end is just monotonous, but I like how you switched up the drums.

So all in all, that was a pretty good song. My only complaints are that the riffs are kind of generic and there were no moments where I'm just like "Wow, that's awesome!", the musicianship was good though overall. 7.5/10.
I'm a person.
*Comes in expecting some like early ATG*

D:

Its not the next Stairway or anything. But its a good solid tune, it'd certainly be fine as a semi "filler" track for an album. I wouldn't open/close a set with it or anything. But its nothing bad.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=21144495#post21144495 - C4C? Its just a short (51 measures) tune I wrote.
Last edited by MadAudioMan at Aug 19, 2009,