I was wondering when recording through the Toneport UX1 (or something similar) would it make any difference whether you use the 4 band EQ in the POD software or the EQ in the recording software (such as Ableton Live)? Would the results be any different?

The only thing I was thinking is that it would be easier to work with after recording because you could hear how the tracks blend together. On the other hand, fine tuning before making the recording final could be advantageous.

Opinions?
Rock On

Quote by Shard Heilia
Nothing. Is Better. Than Guitar.

I Receive Nourishment From My Amplifier. Food Is For The Weak.

Quote by Thrace
Listen to Machine Head, you'll want to headbutt someone right in their pussy.
This question also goes for reverb. Would reverb be better added after recording or before?
Rock On

Quote by Shard Heilia
Nothing. Is Better. Than Guitar.

I Receive Nourishment From My Amplifier. Food Is For The Weak.

Quote by Thrace
Listen to Machine Head, you'll want to headbutt someone right in their pussy.
i always add reverb after i have recorded. because i record my tracks plain or DI, i can change what ever i want, if i don't like the sound of a marshall for what i have recorded, i can just switch the amp to a mesa boogie or a fender. and about the eq question, try it out with both, i normally add a lot of eq, from the program i am using, like Guitar Rig 3, and then i add more from the Reaper program. its all up to what sounds best to you though, test what one sounds the best.
Use your ears mate.
Epiphone Elitist SG (Serious)
Tokai Silver Star
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn J28SCEDL
Washburn J12S

G.A.S List

JCM600 (Yes a 600..)