what are some things that i should do to achieve the tone of new thrash metal recordings such as Exodus Shovel Headed Kill Machine, Let There Be blood Kreators Hordes of chaos and Destructions Thrash anthems? I love the sound of the drums aand everything else. Does anyone know how i could reach such mix?
that sound mainly comes from the instruments themselves, the mixing has very little influence on the sound
but you can try to get close to that sound by turning down the mids and raising the treble frequencies so that the sound gets like a little "dry"
Dean ML79F w/ Dimarzio X2N
Peavey Star
Fender Sonoran
Fender CD 140S12

Quote by Jastul
if you want it to sound really dirty just rub some dirt on your amp...
Quote by metalrhoads
what about the drums? do they use compression or something on them?

i'm not quite sure but it is possible... the drummer plays with much force so the drums sound hard and tight
all in all its a rather dry sound so try to not use too many mids, combined with a bit of compression and very little hall or echo maybe
Peavey Star
Fender Sonoran
Fender CD 140S12

Quote by Jastul
compression and EQ are your friends.
MY MUSIC!

Quote by severed-metal

Strawberries are cool in real life, but in ice cream, they're like neighbour kids who live across the street from you who like to steal your virginity.

Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser C-6 FR, C-7 FR, C-8
ESP LTD MH-250 w/ EMG 81/85
Quote by DimeDarrell666
that sound mainly comes from the instruments themselves, the mixing has very little influence on the sound
but you can try to get close to that sound by turning down the mids and raising the treble frequencies so that the sound gets like a little "dry"

no. wrong.

http://www.imperialmastering.com/IMPERIAL_web.html

this man is wise and helped me with my recordings. watch the video

the mix is only as good as the mixer. if you have bad mics, bad mic placement, bad room environment, bad tone etc you will a have BAD MIX
sacrificial beaver of the laney cult

~Gear~

Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
ESP LTD F-2005
Laney VH100R *with free cab*
Roland Cube 60
Cort Acoustic
Quote by bigtimmy
no. wrong.

http://www.imperialmastering.com/IMPERIAL_web.html

this man is wise and helped me with my recordings. watch the video

the mix is only as good as the mixer. if you have bad mics, bad mic placement, bad room environment, bad tone etc you will a have BAD MIX

i didn't want to say that mixing is unimportant for the sound but if you have a **** recording you can't make it sound awesome even if you have the best mixer
Peavey Star
Fender Sonoran
Fender CD 140S12

Quote by Jastul
Quote by DimeDarrell666
i didn't want to say that mixing is unimportant for the sound but if you have a **** recording you can't make it sound awesome even if you have the best mixer

unless ur dragonforce
sacrificial beaver of the laney cult

~Gear~

Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
ESP LTD F-2005
Laney VH100R *with free cab*
Roland Cube 60
Cort Acoustic