I'm soon to be running into some money and am looking to build an amazing guitar. Here are my plans.. tell me if you suggest anything different or what you think of the idea in general.. basically what I'm trying to do is have a stratty type guitar in a lp body... heres what I'm thinking.. I would probably get warmoth to do the work.

swamp ash with quilt maple top lp body
SSS pickup configuration
an official floyd rose
a 24 fret maple neck w/ prs style headstock

any input would be appreciated!

cheers.
You'd probably have to route it yourself for the SSS config.
Tim.

You have entered the Twilight Zone
Beyond this world strange things are known
Use this key, unlock the door
See what your fate might have in store
Come explore your dreams' creation
Enter this world of imagination
So rather than a comfy Strat shape trying to get a fatter, Les Paul sound, you are trying to make an uncomfortable Les Paul shape give a thin, weedy Strat sound? With 24 frets and a FR.
Well, the Ash/Maple body will help but do be sure to use the cheapest single coils you can find or it might end up sounding quite nice. Oh I get it now. You want a Les Paul Raw Power! I missed the bit about the fretboard. I take it you are going for 25.5" scale.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

basically...

if i like the lp body and the strat sound then who are you to tell me what to get? seriously, ur not the one that has to play it...
Quote by nixhex113
basically...

if i like the lp body and the strat sound then who are you to tell me what to get? seriously, ur not the one that has to play it...

Agreed.

Strats have some of the best tone I've heard.
lps are more comfortable than strats for me, Lurcher. it depends on the guy.

you could look at Paul Gilbert's setup on his newest signature guitar. it's single coils.

warmoth will rout a SSS config. for you i think. and they can do all the other routing for you too.
your going to have to build it yourself cause you are not gonna find a les paul body with a cavity for a floyd rose let alone the sss config
Quote by powerhead
It's just an easy way to shift blame as always. If Slipknot caused people to get murdered, then spoons caused Rosie O'Donnell to get fat.

MY LISTಠ_ಠ
--(Matt)--
cmalm04
dwmacfar2