Song in profile.
Check that slab of string-breaking out!
[[////////:_Race in///_o)))

(((o_\\\Race: Out_:\\\\\\\\]]

= = = Forming Future Foundtions = =
^ Song in Profile.=
Last edited by Race:in/Raceout at Jun 27, 2009,
The guitar doesn't sound in tune, it sounds horrendous, which limits my ability to make any more comments on the track. Also, the amount and type of reverb you have used has drowned the full thing.
There is poetry in despair.
Quote by fridge_raider
The guitar doesn't sound in tune, it sounds horrendous, which limits my ability to make any more comments on the track. Also, the amount and type of reverb you have used has drowned the full thing.

This. The guitar really needs to be tuned, and that much reverb just doesn't work. It makes a pretty good sound, but it needs to be more in the background. I'd suggest that you record with less reverb, and then add some sort of reverbish sound with synths. I think this might turn out really good.
thanks for the crit. my buddy Ryan was kind of in charge of effects and such so thank him for the verb xD. I am going to do a better recording but i just didn't have time. i did that one on the first take and i am temporarily satisfied. as for the tuning. its not out of tune. i use the tuning DADGAD frequently and that's what it is. the recording is kinda ****ty but its not out of tune. however i will make a more improved one in the future and possibly a youtube video. so for those who liked it you have something to look forward to. i also need to work on making the percussion parts more noticeable. just needs some more tweaking but im working on it. i hope the finished product will be more impressive because its a really nice piece and its the first finished song that im actually really proud of.

^ Song in Profile.=
i agree that if your guitar was more in tune (or perhaps the correct tuning) it would sound much better. but i definitely wouldn't say it's horrendous, i really liked it. i think if you added some slow vocals following the chords it would come together very nicely. btw, i need some criticism on a solo and riff i wrote based on the harmonic minor scale in the key of B. https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1153925 thanks in advance
It was a good attempt.
I think the reverb was a good choice....gives the whole thing a really spacey feel.
Not so good if you want clarity of playing...but who does?

The guitar tone was nice...i really think you gave it a good shot.
I can't play Andy Mckee'ish stuff any more than a dolphin can....so i appreciate the effort.
Work on your recording/effecting skills....it'll get better.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1153766
Quote by canvasDude
i agree that if your guitar was more in tune (or perhaps the correct tuning) it would sound much better. but i definitely wouldn't say it's horrendous, i really liked it. i think if you added some slow vocals following the chords it would come together very nicely. btw, i need some criticism on a solo and riff i wrote based on the harmonic minor scale in the key of B. https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1153925 thanks in advance

Thanks man! yea the only thing i know im not going to do is vocals. if for no other reason just because i cant sing for ***t.
but yea i tried to check out your tracks but none of them would play. dunno why. maybe its just my pc im not sure but you might want to look into it. but when it is working id love to hear those tracks, they sound interesting.

^ Song in Profile.=
that was cool. small suggestion, use less reverb/effects. the notes tended to blend together making it hard to hear a melody at some points. dunno what else to say besides that. it was very good and i highly enjoyed listening to it.