I wrote this back before I knew a whole lot about music theory, and before I start taking a crack at changing the solo around, I want to know what you guys think I should do.

The song has a very different feel to it now than it did in the tab.

For one, we play it a little faster, and it's all in 6/8, so the verse has a bit of a swing to it. Believe me, it's NOT as boring as in the tab.

The problem is that I couldn't think of anything else to do with the solo, so I kept repeating the same triad motion over and over.. 4 times to be exact. It gets boring for not only the listener, but ME as well.

So it's Bar 75 for those in the tab, and at the 2:00 mark for those listening to the midi.

If you want to directly edit the tab, feel free. Otherwise, just give me some suggestions. Any critique is much appreciated.

C4C, of course.
Attachments:
THE WEATHERING.zip
XBL GamerTag = IAmSentient6

My gear:
Ibanez Artist
ESP ltd Viper 200
Schecter Diamond 8

Amps:
Marhshall MG30 (for sale)
Line 6 Spider III Half Stack (mine forever)
Interested in Melodic Thrash Metal? ALUSTRIUM AND LAST NAIL DRIVEN!
Last edited by CaRveItiNbass at Jun 27, 2009,
hey i really like you tab it sounds so familar for some reason any way just had a mess with your solo and you can listen and see what you think i can add a midi version if you need. allso sorry about takeing it out of the tab but i wanted to mess with it on a clean slate
Attachments:
solo of the weathering.gp5
Last edited by ranter20000 at Jun 27, 2009,
why would I need a midi version? I... have.. guitar pro?

edit: You didn't really do much besides raise the harmony to 4ths instead of 3rds, but still, noone else has done anything yet. I appreciate the effort nonetheless

My gear:
Ibanez Artist
ESP ltd Viper 200
Schecter Diamond 8

Amps:
Last edited by CaRveItiNbass at Jun 27, 2009,
Ok, I took a listen on some of your songs - pretty good stuff you have, the only problem I have with them is some lack of originality. Nothing really groundbreaking, but it's ok, considering it IS melodic thrash after all...

On this particular one, my favourite riff was the intro one, had some neat rhythm variations to it. Guitar harmonies were well done, helped increase the "interestingness" of the song. I particularly liked the lead-ish stuff you had before the solo.

Ah, and I just couldn't resist at taking a crack at the solo - it probably sucks but was worth some well spent 10 minutes xD. I did try to fit it with your style.
Attachments:
THE WEATHERING - alt solo.zip
Last edited by |_JR_| at Jun 28, 2009,
Okay, here we go.

Intro - I'm not very spectaculated yet.
Intro 2 - Man, I like this kinda upbeat folky melody, nice job.
Verse (I guess) - You don't use any of the clichéd chord progressions, and that's nice. Still, I feel that something could happen on top of it.
Riff - Nice one, very In Flamesy.
Solo and arpeggio-section is quite epic, while not quite mindblowing.

All in all, I'd give it a 7/10
Okay.. but I need some ideas for writing the solo... so.. help? Haha

My gear:
Ibanez Artist
ESP ltd Viper 200
Schecter Diamond 8

Amps:
Haha, sorry! You asked me to crit a song in your profile, so I just picked one and never bothered to read the thread.

Uh, I critted your solo, kinda. I think that maybe you should try some different chords in the arpeggio section, I think one of them is off scale...
Alright guys. I redid the solo. The progression is in key and there are some pretty cool movements. I played with my heart rather than my head. So check it out.
Attachments:
THE WEATHERING2.zip

My gear:
Ibanez Artist
ESP ltd Viper 200
Schecter Diamond 8

Amps: