Hi...I'm new here and new to acoustic amps. I purchased a Harley Benton HBAC-80 acoustic amp that I'm going to use for my acoustic base and acoustic guitar. It works great with the bass which has an active pickup, but it wont pick up my six string which has a Shadow 1110 passive pick up. The question here is this: must the amp have an active/passive switch in order to pick up the signal or should I change the passive pickup to an active one? I can't change the amp, so the signal has to be looked at. Any help would be appreciated.
is the amp suppossed to amplify bass and guitar? I'm not to knowlegde able about acoustic anything, but on electric amps you can't plug a bass into a guitar amp. Also try adjusting the volume just a bit and maybe the eq, I know it doesn't help much but it's all I got. Hope things work out, if not you can post this on the acoustic fourm here.
I pay for music and so should you: http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ipayformusic

Quote by Music18
u just got to love fat strats.... and i really like the ones that hav 2 single pick upsm then the humbucker near the bridge... very nice =)
That doesn't make much sense - any guitar should work through that amp on the second input. Just the same way I can plug my Tele into the active input of my bass player's amp, and it works fine.

An active input is just the same as a passive one, but with a bit of a gain reduction to compensate. A passive instrument would work fine with it, though you might need to increase the gain/volume a little. The problem must be with your guitar itself.
Thanks for the feedback. I'll hear what the acoustic guys have to say. I think I have to go with an active pick-up...cheers.
no sound at all coming from the passive one? shouldn't be an amp problem...
Quote by rorygodowsky
I'm not to knowlegde able about acoustic anything, but on electric amps you can't plug a bass into a guitar amp.

You can, but you'll risk frying the amp/blowing the speakers/doing some damage to it.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??