Hey all.
As the title suggests my fretting is fail
my left hand (picking hand) is quite fast (I can do the alt picking bit in the intro to The Eagle Spreads It's Wings) but my fretting is sloppy and feels awkward
for example the power chord bit at the end of 'Blood Bound' I can play them just fine but I can't move my hand fast enough. Same with the start of the second bit of the verse to 'Mercenary Man'

Advice on how to slove this problem?
Practice.
“Baaaaabe,baaaaabe,baaaabe....”
~ Robert plant on being asked what his favorite food was

~ Robert Plant at his Grammy acceptance speech

~ Robert Plant all the time
Yeah there's no substitute for practice. Remember to play things slowly at first, making sure you're playing accurately, then build up speed gradually. If you try playing a song at full speed right off the bat it'll probably end up sloppy.
it sounds like you might be having trouble with position shifts?

the best way to practise is to play just the shift, so play some notes in any position, then play 1 note in a new position, now keep playing that line untill that 1 note, change some notes, change the positions, enlarge the shifts etc, to just that first note after the shift
when you have that down its surprisingly easy to contineu the line with more position changes

for chords same thing, play a chord then play the next chord, the first one, second one etc just those 2 chords, not in a song or anything, not untill you're flawless at those 2 (ofcourse with other chords and distances)

also, play blind, eyes closed or averted or something, trust me on that one you learn twice as fast.

do it untill you're comfortable
Quote by MetalCommand
Yeah there's no substitute for practice. Remember to play things slowly at first, making sure you're playing accurately, then build up speed gradually. If you try playing a song at full speed right off the bat it'll probably end up sloppy.

This.

Force your fingers to learn to do stuff the right way, then when you speed it up, it will just be natural and everything will sound flawless. This doesn't mean go practice playing one riff at a snail's pace for an hour then you will be able to play it at lightning speed like some guitar god. It takes a lot more time and effort to build speed.
Make sure you're practicing using BOTH hands together - your problem isn't speed, it's co-ordination.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com