lets say my amp had a built in Overdrive/ Distortion. I also have a Overdrive/Distortion pedal, what would happn If i use both at the same time? will I get a heavier sound?
drive + more drive = heavier + many many moments of undesirable hum.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Quote by Pedalist
but it wont break the amp or any other thing right?

no, but you may want to roll back the gain on the amp a little bit or get a noise supressor of some kind if you get some bad dist. buzz or humming.
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
Quote by SOADriff
no, but you may want to roll back the gain on the amp a little bit or get a noise supressor of some kind if you get some bad dist. buzz or humming.

I would always get that problem with any of my distortion pedals, It would sound like its distorting the feedback from the pedal and not the note played that's why I just have my amp on a good clean setting and turn up the distortion on the pedal.
We Are 138!

lol

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

but if you ever need on the spot feedback though you can set one really high, just don't hit a string as your ears will be surprised and retreat to your brain where they will cause a headache for the next few hours.
I think a lot of players use an overdrive pedal over the distortion channel as a boost, specially when playing solos.
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS