Hey there guys,

I've been constantly told that theres loads of quality cheap guitars out there waiting to be played and not payed through the roof for BUT where the hell are they!?

At the moment I have a Westfield strat, its terrible, whats more annoying is the lack of quality i dont care about it being a bit beat up it looks cooler in my opinion but its got the state now that when i turn the volume knob it hisses and crackles through the amp.

I need an upgrade. I dont care about style at the mo I just want to get quality. Thoughts?
if you want quality guitars you need $$$
Quote by musical donkey
cyclobs you are demented..... in a good way
They are at www.rondomusic.com, I have a review of a Douglas WR-340 I paid $120 w/S&H for and it is just awsome. Here is the thread if you want to look at it. http://www.agileguitarforum.com/viewthread.php?tid=18365

Overall if your on a Budget then there is no better place to look than rondomusic.com.
Yamaha Pacifica. Where have you been?
Most Squier's are good too, especially the Classic Vibe series.
And Richwood do good cheap Les Pauls and Telecasters (I just bought one for 50 quid!)
Quote by Krazy Killian
I truely believe that to be a common misconception. Normally you pay for the name rather than the product. I mean look at it in terms of cars. You can get a good fast car for not much. Put a ferrari logo on and it shoots up.

/\ See this guy gets it.
Unfortunately for your buget, guitars hold their value. When you buy used guitars, someone else has taken the initial loss in value. I would suggest buying the best used guitar that you can afford. Sell what you bought and add any additonal money that you saved. Eventually you'll have a decent guitar. Pawn shops are a good place to start looking.
Try the G&L Legacy Tribute Series. 400-500 bucks but in my opinion the highest quality for that money. Maybe its not cheap enough for you but sometimes its worth to spend some more money. It's a very versatile guitar, because it has to strat style pickups and one humbucker so you arent't limited. Jazz to Heavy Metal... I extremely recommend to try it out in a guitar shop. Here a link:
http://www.glguitars.com/instruments/TributeSeries/guitars/Legacy_HB/index.asp
Quote by Krazy Killian
I truely believe that to be a common misconception. Normally you pay for the name rather than the product. I mean look at it in terms of cars. You can get a good fast car for not much. Put a ferrari logo on and it shoots up.

This.

People will want to stab me for saying it, I know, but Gibson and Epiphone guitars come out of pretty much the same factory (or used to anyways), there are very few differences between the guitars they put out, the only major differences are parts like pickups, Gibson will have brand name pickups while the Epiphone will have licsenced parts, but there's no need to spent £1500 or whatever more for a good set of pickups. For the most part, you are just paying for the brand.
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
Last edited by Carl6661 at Jun 27, 2009,
^^^Gibson and epi now come from factories on opposite sides of the planet. The metric epi parts and inch gibson parts arent even interchangeable. But TS in many cases you get what you pay for. There are some decent lower price guitars. But there are some really nice higher price stuff out there.
Xaviere guitars on Guitarfetish. Check them out , they've even got the GFS pickups and parts on them.
Aliadiere - sadly has more syllables than goals this season."
Setanta commentator during Newcastle-Middlesbrough. .
Quote by Tackleberry
^^^Gibson and epi now come from factories on opposite sides of the planet. The metric epi parts and inch gibson parts arent even interchangeable. But TS in many cases you get what you pay for. There are some decent lower price guitars. But there are some really nice higher price stuff out there.

Fair enough
I know they used to come out of the same factory, well... My old guitar teacher told me so anyway, but he (seemed like he) was high all day. I stil don't see why you have to pay that much more for a Gibo' though when you compare it to Epiphone (I'm not a fan of either if I'm honest, I'm just making trying to a point here), it's just a little bit of a rip off but eh, people are out there paying it, and they are a business after all, so I shant complain.

Don't get me wrong TS, I'm not saying all high end guitars aren't worth it. I just find with alot, you can often find a cheap alternative without sacrificing that much in terms of quality. Like Tackleberry said.
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
Last edited by Carl6661 at Jun 27, 2009,
My first guitar was a Schecter Omen 6. I think I gave $200 for it brand new at Guitar Center. I play this guitar more than my other guitar, which I payed $800 for. The Omen 6 is just versitile as hell. All around its my favorite guitar.
Quote by Tackleberry

+1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
For a good value for money guitar you really have to play quite a few and also try a few used guitars. If you can also do your own setups there are some real bargains out there that just need a few tweaks to play really well. One I got was a Squier Tele custom II P90. The shop were very poor and did not set it up correctly. After 15 minutes of tweaking the relief, action and then tuning it now plays really nicely. You may find like I did that learning to setup your own guitars lets you get the best out of any guitar for your style of playing.

There is a custom shop guitar maker who makes the best guitars for the money. They're called DeVries Customs and are 1/4 of the price of other custom shops, while matching the quality of the ESP Custom Shop. Check that **** out, man.
I wouldn't say quality, but certainly playable. You do get what you pay for however. I have 8 guitars that range in price from $150 to $1500. I think it would be pretty easy for any of you to line them up in the correct order by what was paid for them. For me I seem to notice improvement about every $100. Doesn't mean I consider my cheap peavey raptor a bad guitar. It's actually fun to play. It just wouldn't be fair to compare it to my Dean Icon or Variax.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Quote by mamosa
There is a custom shop guitar maker who makes the best guitars for the money. They're called DeVries Customs and are 1/4 of the price of other custom shops, while matching the quality of the ESP Custom Shop. Check that **** out, man.

we are trying to help him with cheap guitars, not expencive fire wood.
Quote by Darkdevil725
we are trying to help him with cheap guitars, not expencive fire wood.

HEY! The more expensive the fire wood, the better the fire is!
The best LP I've ever played was a $100 rally LP. I've played $8000 gibsons that couldn't hold a candle to it. You get what you pay for but sometimes you are just paying for a name.
Not taking any online orders.
While we're on the subject, I'm sure there are guitars out there that are worth lots of money but only to collectors. They could be the worst guitars you've ever played but they're "Collectible". Doggone collectors.

Anyway, Tradition's guitars get a lot of bids when they pop up on eBay andmost sell for under $500 each there. They are all copies of other guitars but the reviews on Harmony Central rave about them. I haven't played them much but if I were to buy a Les Paul copy I'd probably go for one of theirs, Even if it does have a set neck.

Tradition guitars on eBay:

http://instruments.shop.ebay.com/items/Electric__tradition?_catref=1&_dmpt=Guitar&_fln=1&_sacat=33034&_sc=1&_sop=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m282

Harmony Central Reviews:

http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Guitar/brand/Tradition

Edit: I thought I was forgetting something. Tradition's Website.

www.traditionguitars.com
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.
Last edited by Gargoyle2500 at Jun 27, 2009,
Cort are good - they ghost make Ibanez's cheaper guitars and a few other companies guitars too.
,___,
[O.¬] - WTF?
/)__)
-"--"-
check out ebay theres more reasonably priced guitars on there that you could ever handle. plenty of variety. and if your looking for that old style sound check out the pre 80s section. it starts out high priced but gets more affordable as you go on