I know a guy at school I'd ask about this, but it's school holidays and I can't contact him.

In Oz, how would one go about acquiring a gun license? I'm aware you must be over 18 to purchase a firearm, but I'm not sure how you would go about getting the license necessary to do so.

Help, Pit?
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Yeah... Oz is a big place and different places have different rules regarding gun laws. How about you check your local government websites?

Oh I know the laws (I'm in Victoria), but I don't know the process I'd have to go through to get the license and Google is being unhelpful.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Then you must be pretty sh*t at google, since I've had no trouble finding out.

You found out how? I searched the thread title in closed parentheses to no avail.
Go to your local PD and ask for an application. Fill it out, and give it back to the PD. They'll run background checks and once you're approved, you should get a call from the PD to pick it up. It should take a few weeks.

BTW, if you have ANY criminal record at all, you will be denied. A DUI, assault, theft, even a bunch of speeding tickets can get you denied.
Quote by vintageblackbli
BTW, if you have ANY criminal record at all, you will be denied. A DUI, assault, theft, even a bunch of speeding tickets can get you denied.

Thanks bro