So i have a few guitars, and really just want to cut my collection down to get 1 2 or maybe 3 guitars or great quality

i have

schecter hellraiser 7 2006...after having it for a month i realised my hands are too small to comfortably shred on it but i love hellraisers

fender usa 87 strat. i dont like strats after 15 years of having this, but i feel this only go up in value after time so im unsure about selling it.

ibanez s270 1994 i like the guitar a lot but the tremelo is really bad, even after blocking it the tuning is crazy

gibson les paul studio 96..i like the guitar but the neck angle changes my playing style. i feel ill regret selling it but i want something that i can shred as well as riff on.

ibanez sa270...i bought it on ebay because was cheap it has dual inputs for piezo and emgs but the pups are wrecked, needs refretting or potentially a neck replacement

what i want is a 1 guitar for shred and riffing, chimey cleans and something that is versatile enough for jazz to death metal, a guitar that i can play 11-52s and tune to C and maybe use a capo for regular tunings. set neck guitars sound better but i feel i have shredding on them, although bolt ons have inferior tone, sustain and response a lot of the time.

I had considered a robot sg which i could shave the neck and use for all purposes and tunings, or else a schecter and put robot electronics in it sell the sg and buy a g&l cheap tele and sell the ibanezes les paul and also buy a cheap RG purely for shredding. What would you do?
Last edited by Horowitz at Jun 27, 2009,
Quote by professorlamp
i say keep them all!

Well extra cash would be nice, however its tough to sell stuff now. I never play the schecter, the Ibby SA is pretty wrecked and after trying piezos i decided i didnt like them all that much. As i said the les paul makes me just play tool riffs!
If I were you, I'd keep the strat for sure, probably the paul too, sell all the others and get a shred riff guitar you love
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Quote by Artemis Entreri
If I were you, I'd keep the strat for sure, probably the paul too, sell all the others and get a shred riff guitar you love

+1
How small are your hands if you have to shave the neck of and SG? If ur hands are that small try the angus young SG. its supposed to have a SUPER thin neck. And see if you can shred on it.
Gear:
Gibson Goth Explorer
Fender Gemini II
Dean Cemetery Gates Rzrbck
Marshall MG250 (screw you guys everyone i kno loves this amp)
Digitech Whammy IV
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Boss NS-2
MXR 10 Band EQ (black, not blue)
btw is Horowitz banned?
Gear:
Gibson Goth Explorer
Fender Gemini II
Dean Cemetery Gates Rzrbck
Marshall MG250 (screw you guys everyone i kno loves this amp)
Digitech Whammy IV
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Boss NS-2
MXR 10 Band EQ (black, not blue)
Keep the Strat and the LP. Anything you feel you'd regret selling you probably will.

And buying a Robot SG and taking out the hardware and putting it in an Ibanez sounds like a bad idea. I wouldn't do that... ever.
Definatly keep strat and gibson, but personally I would also say keep the 7 string, just becuase its a 7 string, I mean you might as well have a 7 string if you like playing shred/metal guitar
"I just want to conquer people and their souls."
-Mike Tyson